4DTV 922 runaway motor issue - need info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
I need some help from the brains out there
smile.gif

My 922 drove the actuator to the physical limit again yesterday, the count did not change at all while the dish was moving across the arc!
Could my runaway motor problem be caused by lack of a pulse on the sensor line? If so, what in the 922 would block that pulse?

I previously thought it was a stuck relay, but, today I tried to use the Vbox7 to move the dish and I connected the sensor wires to BOTH the 922, and the Vbox7 (i was going to try to watch the pulse count on both the vbox and the 922 at the same time, while using the vbox to power the actuator motor). I kept getting the Er2 message, but the dish was moving, each time I'd reset the box, and same thing would happen. Then, when I removed the jumper wires connecting the vbox pulse wires to the 922 pulse terminals, the vbox started showing the pulse counts and no error.

So, I'm wondering, 1st, would it have worked the way I connected it, with both the vbox and the 922 connected to the pulse wires? And, could the lack of a pulse cause the 922 to just keep the motor voltage applied?

FYI, it works ok with the vbox, but, I was getting ready to replace the relays on the motor board in the 922. I'd rather not do that if the problem is something other than the relays, and I'd never given this any thought before, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows, and if you could tell me what to look/test for?
Thanks,

thanks again,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)