4DTV and DVB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwerty81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Has this ever happened to any of you guys? I can receive 4dtv signal at 99 quality 99 signal on galaxy 17 and I cannot get any DVB signals? Is it an alignment issue? I am sure that I should be able to get both signals of the same bird correct?

Last edited:
If your running a splitter, the 4dtv box could be keeping you stuck on a transponder (using an lnbf). Just guessing here. Tell us your setup and how they are connected.

I have a 4dtv box connected to a bsc-621-1 LNBF I then disconnect cable when I peak out the sat and connect to my pansat 2500 receiver. I also have a 7.5 ft sami. I have no splitters yet I was testing just to use the 4dtv box as a mover for the FTA receiver.

Just a thought....
One thing I had to do was tell the 4DTV receiver that the LNBF was rotated 90deg.
I had the BSC621 setup on FTA first, then when I added a 4DTV receiver, I could not get a signal, I found that option and all is well. Polarity always read correct for FTA.

I forgot about having the polarity rotated 90 degrees.
On my DSR-905 when my feed assembly is correct for FTA - I have to check the "Rotated 90 degrees" option in my 4dtv so everything lines up.

Check to see if your "rotated 90 degrees" is check marked under your system setup on the 4DTV.

If it is NOT and you are getting 4DTV, then your feedhorn may need rotated 90 degrees and then check the rotated 90 degrees box. Your FTA box should be in line with polarity from that point.

BTW,
Be careful swapping cables while either receiver is plugged in. You can kill your lnbf by "hot swapping" cables. It will be problematic to power down the 4DTV every time you would swap cables because it will have to re-boot and will look for new channel maps.

Get a High frequency splitter (950-2150 mhz) or (5-2100 mhz) splitter with two port power passing. You may need two splitters. One also for the KU band cable.

After you split the cables send two coaxes to the 4DTV receiver C and KU,
take two jumpers (short coax cables) and run them to a diseqc switch, from the diseqc switch run one small jumper to your FTA receiver. In the antenna setup menu of your FTA receiver, you will choose the proper diseqc port for each satellite programmed in your FTA receiver.

After this is done, you will have seemless switching between 4DTV and DVB FTA.
Just turn off whichever box you are not using and the other box will control the lnbf.
I have had an instance where the 4dtv was still sending 18v to the lnbf causing my FTA receiver's verticals (13v) not to come in. It only has happened once and was probably just a bug.

Thanks guys!!!! That was the problem I was aligning 4DTV first and then checking FTA. I now aligned FTA first flipped the 90 deg ON and that was it. I thank you!! I would never had thought of that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)