4DTV Area merged with C-Band area

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I won't be helping out much here if any anymore after what transpired. I believe it a direct attack on the big dish, 4DTV, MM etc. If anyone needs my wealth of knowledge on things we used to be able to talk about here. You can always Google me to find where I can help you.

I would like to see a copy of this DCMA letter if there is one and who it was sent from on the company letterhead if it is possible. But I won't hold my breath if it's never shown.

I think it's DMCA no DCMA. You can Google it.

I don't know if you need permission to use a company logo or not? But, your site is loaded with them!

if you don't like Tvro Pro's site then why are you going there.
You have not had anything constructive to say in quite a number of recent posts except to bash others.
It is making this forum a laughing stock by what is going on.
That is sad since this was a decent place to learn information and now all you see is garbage.

yep thats what it was. Charlie gave Scott a buck and said "I dont want a 4DTV area here anymore"...... :rolleyes:

The longer it takes to have Scott's comment explained the more I believe this! :rolleyes:

The only other explanation is that he has been smoking too many "solder joints"! :eek:

I will not believe that his comment was posted in the wrong area either!!! :lalala:

I am very curious on how that legal mumbo-jumbo actually works! :book:

The longer it takes to have Scott's comment explained the more I believe this! :rolleyes:

I want to see legal proof of some letter on a company's letterhead otherwise its hearsay. I have a pretty good idea whats going on but I can't talk freely here. Our freedoms have been taken from us. :eek: I can talk freely at my place if anyone wants to discuss this there. Sorry links are not allowed as Scott removed them, so you have to do your homework (Google) to find us.

Code:
you got me on that one honestly. I dont know what Scott is talking about

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

On October 12, 1998, the U.S. Congress passed the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, ending many months of turbulent negotiations regarding its provisions. Two weeks later, on October 28th, President Clinton signed the Act into law.
The Act is designed to implement the treaties signed in December 1996 at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Geneva conference, but also contains additional provisions addressing related matters.
As was the case with the 'No Electronic Theft' Act (1997), the bill was originally supported by the software and entertainment industries, and opposed by scientists, librarians, and academics.
Highlights Generally:
· Makes it a crime to circumvent anti-piracy measures built into most commercial software.
· Outlaws the manufacture, sale, or distribution of code-cracking devices used to illegally copy software.
· Does permit the cracking of copyright protection devices, however, to conduct encryption research, assess product interoperability, and test computer security systems.
· Provides exemptions from anti-circumvention provisions for nonprofit libraries, archives, and educational institutions under certain circumstances.
· In general, limits Internet service providers from copyright infringement liability for simply transmitting information over the Internet.
· Service providers, however, are expected to remove material from users' web sites that appears to constitute copyright infringement.
· Limits liability of nonprofit institutions of higher education -- when they serve as online service providers and under certain circumstances -- for copyright infringement by faculty members or graduate students.
· Requires that "webcasters" pay licensing fees to record companies.
· Requires that the Register of Copyrights, after consultation with relevant parties, submit to Congress recommendations regarding how to promote distance education through digital technologies while "maintaining an appropriate balance between the rights of copyright owners and the needs of users."
· States explicitly that "[n]othing in this section shall affect rights, remedies, limitations, or defenses to copyright infringement, including fair use..."

if you don't like Tvro Pro's site then why are you going there.
You have not had anything constructive to say in quite a number of recent posts except to bash others.
It is making this forum a laughing stock by what is going on.
That is sad since this was a decent place to learn information and now all you see is garbage.

There you guys go! Taking things out of context and calling it a bash or a attack on 4DTV. And who said i didn't like tvropro's site? Not me! Again, is it illegal to use others copyrighted logo's without permission? I really don't know! :eek:

It could be that a lot of 4DTVers are former pizza customers that has been screwed

by pizza shop business practices. (That includes me! :eek:) They could be venting

frustration and/or just trying to help others think before making a choice and avoid

the same issues. ;)

How did you get screwed? Did you fall for the "free 4 room installation" or did you expect your $19.99 a month teaser rate to remain forever?:D Please explain!

How did you get screwed? Did you fall for the "free 4 room installation" or did you expect your $19.99 a month teaser rate to remain forever?:D Please explain!

What, and have more Pizza stuff in the 4DT.... oh wait, C-Band area? Actually they used to be together and that's what happened...they're back together.

Last edited:
I have doing some unexpected travel which has taken me away from the site over the past 24 hour.I will do my best to explain what's been going on a best I can when I get home i'm a few hours.

Further comments or discussion including starting new threads about the merging of the 4dtv forum with the c band forum will be removed. The staff has been notified and are allowed to remove threads as needed. Thank you for your understanding.

I will be back home in a few hours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)