4dtv id number

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
On sunday my electric power was off for 12 hours. My 4dtv(old GI lost all its memory) I reprogramed the sats back in and the analog works fine,but the digital channels. My unit ID number changed from its old 0012 ect number to a 14-4802ect number. Does this tell me that my digital is lost and its time to buy a new one. After reading your web I am sure the battery in the 4d went bad. I used a med sized ups and hoped it would last a long time on just the 4d in the off position, but I was wrong.
Thanks John

john dusek said:
On sunday my electric power was off for 12 hours. My 4dtv(old GI lost all its memory) I reprogramed the sats back in and the analog works fine,but the digital channels. My unit ID number changed from its old 0012 ect number to a 14-4802ect number. Does this tell me that my digital is lost and its time to buy a new one. After reading your web I am sure the battery in the 4d went bad. I used a med sized ups and hoped it would last a long time on just the 4d in the off position, but I was wrong.
Thanks John

If you have a old 920 you may want to upgrade to a new 922 Skyvision and NPS have great deals on them, or just get the 920 fixed.

If you already have a 922 and the ID changed the unit will need to be sent in for repair, contact ATS http://www.ats-electronics.com/
Good Luck!

This makes me want to change my battery in my 922, I have one of the first that came out, I will need to do it soon.

john dusek said:
Thanks,think I will get a new one. Does the 922 have any advantages over the older ones?
John

Yes, it has 5.1 audio out, has 25 timers, auto updates of the maps (no more unplug replug to get new channels) and the 922 can get more channels.

I would personally go for the upgrade, one thing that you mite not like at first, is the time is half hour off on the guide, you will get use to it but I am warning you.

Click 922 on the left, you will see a chart with some of the differences, there are also other small things that are better that may not be in this chart.
http://www.bigdish.info/

Man when those 4ds lose their battery power and the Id is lost, it hurts your feelings. They should have made someway to program the Id in manually to keep from losing the digitals when electricity is down, I wonder how many went down after hurricane katrina last year with so many people out of power. Anyway The 922 sounds like the way to go.

Many thanks for all your help especially the link to the new 922. I made a copy of the back so I can study it for hook up when it arrives. When I moved 2 years ago I also had KU band installed. I neened help as the new site required a 15 ft or so pole. When they were setting it up,I didnt pay attention as to how he got the KU ID on the Receiver. Did they come up automaticly or did he manually program them in, and if he did how did he do it? Also will the new 922 have the KU ID or will I have to manual install them? John

Covack said:
Man when those 4ds lose their battery power and the Id is lost, it hurts your feelings. They should have made someway to program the Id in manually to keep from losing the digitals when electricity is down, I wonder how many went down after hurricane katrina last year with so many people out of power. Anyway The 922 sounds like the way to go.

Is that on both the 920 and 922...

BKP said:
Is that on both the 920 and 922...

Yes this applies for any VCII/DCII system, 4dtv, Star choice many cable boxes and others, the battery is good for about 7-10 years and maybe even more, some have lasted 12-15 in VC boards, you can change the battery on your own every 7 years or have a pro do it for you, many people have even put a battery with a holder so they can change it in a snap the next time around.

Well, I can't speak for all. But, I live in Metairie, La. (A New Orleans suburb.) My 922 and my 920 did just fine after the hurricaine. Our lights were out for a least a week, but the batteries held in both units. I did lose my dish and had to have it re-installed. It's a 9ft Laux beta solid dish, The wind just rocked it back and forth, untill it pulled up out of the ground. I was down untill Feb. 06. That's how long it took me to get the dealer to put in back up. It's working better than it has in years because the storm wrecked a neighbors dish and knocked down a damn pint tree that was obstructing the western satellies.

Don H.

When my 920 lost its memory,I called motorola and they gave me a number for the repair of the unit.it cost me the parts labor and shipping to North Carolina. $210.00 later the unit came back with a new mainboard. good as new. Basically they refurbish the unit and update the software. It was cheaper than a new receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts