4dtv Ipg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdoradus

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Have been unable to get the IPG download on my 922 for the past couple of days. Quality reading on G1/3 is at 99 and have even tried a rehit of system to make sure my authorization was still good. Still nada. Are others having some problems or do I need to look further into my system.

SD

My 922 guide is working fine. Try going to G1-3, then go to Options 6-0-5. Scroll over to Diagnostics F and press the Info button. This will clear the guide data. Leave it there for a few minutes (10-15) and the guide should be loaded.

Thanks, it was worth a shot but still no cigar. I will probably try tech support in the morning and if that doesn't get it going I will probably have to do the master reset I have been avoiding to clear an existing TD overflow.

SD

Twice I had this problem come up (with good signal) and this worked.

Turn it off -- unplug 30 sec -- turn it on.

THIS IS RISKY: I think the risks are mainly due to internal batteries, and if those batteries are dead you may have issues upon restart.

maybe this

JerryK said:
Twice I had this problem come up (with good signal) and this worked.

Turn it off -- unplug 30 sec -- turn it on.

THIS IS RISKY: I think the risks are mainly due to internal batteries, and if those batteries are dead you may have issues upon restart.

You can also try to tune to G1-3 and hold down the guide button for about 30 seconds...this should force a download.
jeff

Thanks to all for reminding me about items that the onset of senility seems to have stolen from me. In this case I had to just do the soft reset (unplugging) and it cleared the problem for now. Eventually I know enough bugs will show up to force me into doing a master reset but its sure nice to be able to avoid it for the time being.

SD

sdoradus said:
Thanks to all for reminding me about items that the onset of senility seems to have stolen from me. In this case I had to just do the soft reset (unplugging) and it cleared the problem for now. Eventually I know enough bugs will show up to force me into doing a master reset but its sure nice to be able to avoid it for the time being.

SD

Why would you need to do a MR? have you gone to a Star Choice satellite? if you tdt count is below 1920 then you are ok, the IPG issue happends when power is cut off to the 4dtv, thats the way it is, unplug replug fixes it.

Count has been at 1920 for more than a year. I botched it when I first added a coship 2300 as a slave and decided to program in all the birds on my 922 since it was being used for position and polarity. Only later did I realize I should only have programmed in the designations for C-band on them. I might note that it was only a few months prior to that when I installed the 922 along with a corotor II and new lnb's (c&ku) to replace the analog receivers with dual feed and lna's (c band only) that had been in since 1981.

SD

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)