4DTV & KU Dish Only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
out of curiosity, why do I never see the SAMI line of dishes recommended here?

I am not a big fan of mesh dishes especially for Ku-band reception, though I think Sami has a 8.5' dish and this would be perfect for 2 degree spacing since even the Geosat is not large enough.

I was hoping and expecting "You" to recommend the SAMI dish. And then I was going to agree with you.

Al

My experience with the 1.8 Meter is too limited at this time that I don't have enough info to give a thumbs up like I have done for the Toroidals for 2 years.

I am deciding whether to polar mount it or move to a 7.5 foot and polar mount that - or move to a 2.4M Offset Prodelin, so that's why I was curious why I see so little on these dishes.

I have asked some profesional in the satellite field and they say they are inconsistent - as they are not precision molded - but then again, we are talking commercial people with tighter tolerances as well. I don't want any extra inches than I have to have, as I am already playing with fire with the HOA.

And, fwiw, I don't think SAMI has a 8.5 Dish - it appears to go from 7.5 to 10 feet on their site.

And, fwiw, I don't think SAMI has a 8.5 Dish - it appears to go from 7.5 to 10 feet on their site.
You're probably right, I was thinking the dishes that Skyvision have were SAMI. I think I read "that" somewhere, but on there site they're called Skyvision dishes. That doesn't mean that SAMI isn't making them for Skyvision, somebody is? Skyvision has an 8.5' dish that looks a lot like the SAMI dish.

Al

Xtreme 0.3dB LNBF

I am using an Xtreme 0.3db LNBF and the 4dtv changes the polarites. I just went into setup and chose KU LNBF.

What kind of LNB do you need to on a Fortec dish that works good, and how to change polarities without slaving the 4dtv with FTA receiver?

Mine works ok, I just hate slaving it.
Not upgraded to a corotor II just yet either.

I noticed last night that SRL (Programming Center) updated their Ku-only digipack to include more channels, but at a higher price. Still a pretty nice bundle if you can do Ku only.

I'm dreaming about it, but not likely available to me here in Canada (none of the Canadian resellers offer a Ku-only pack).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts