4dtv Mapping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Transponder

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
USA
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck mapping in there sat tiles after a MR I have a dsr 920 that has had a MR that i was goin to try to remap to see if it can be done but no luck yet. I dont plan on subbing this receiver I have a 922 I run my sub on. Hope someone will eventually have a way to get some of the maps back :) I goin to keep playing around with it on diffrent sats in the meantime and see what it does.

i was gonna play with master reseting and remapping but i couldnt figure out which reciever to kill. did you try to map from w5 freq 1430 or from g0 10 ? what emm is that reciever set up for ? 4096 or 4160 ? im sure alot of people will be interested in your findings.

crackt out,.

Its on the old emm I have tyred GO/G1/C3 did try some on w5 but with the MR there is no W5 or X4 i did the 1430 tune tho over there not really finding anything so far even tho i did go to 91 sat and tune a diffrent frequency over there and got 2 maps once.

I have two 920 s that I had to master reset on after I converted them to Hits. Originally they seemed to work fine , but after a while they both locked up and corrupted their maps
while changing channels. On the first I was still on X4 and on the Second I was on SES 1 (W4 or G4..forget which). I believe the corrupted maps were because I still had X4 in the maps WHEN I did the authorisation and the channel count went over 4800. After a while this caused the recievers to lock up and lose the maps.

CAUTION ; A master reset on a 920 Will ERASE all the Generic Satellites. They are not reloaded from HITS, and you will not be able to tune DC channels on any Sats after the MR , other than X4 , G0, G5, G9, C3, G1, C4. 922 models had the generics in firmware, 920s did not. Unless motorola restores the 4060 stream and puts the channel maps back up these two receivers will be stuck with just those tiles for any digicipher programming. After the MR sat G9 will be available. After the remap from Hits sats for G0,X0, X4 will be added to the 21 sats available after the MR. I beleive ONLY G9 has DC channels in the correct symbol rates after doing an MR on a 920.

At any rate The maps for hits WILL reload from X4. However to get them to load you must be on the right location (103W) and use sat G9-1, verify the frequency and V polarity and then tune manually. After doing that the Hits maps will load. You then have to authorise and subscribe to them via SRL or Skyvision.

Last edited:
...922 models had the generics in firmware, 920s did not...

Are you sure? I can confirm that the 920 does not have them after a MR. I just did my old 920 last month after a battery change.

It's been a looong time since I did a MR on my 922. But I don't remember the generics being there after the MR, and before the G1-3 download. I could be wrong though, it's just been too long ago.

Cheers

I was told that by another person...it may not be true. I don't have a 922. But I can definitely verify the Generics are now gone on my 920s.

Also, I can still use the 920's as a dish mover and for polarity changes. I do get the guide and all the channels on X4 on both (verified ). So, if you can get by with only
the limited satellite maps for 24 satellites the 920 is still functional after doing MR on 105 location.

I hope I never have to find out on my 922 :eek:. But it's bound to happen some day. I'm hoping that "self remapping" will be a reality by the time my 922 needs it though.

As far as tiles right now... one of the guys on here tested taking a DL from the Canadian service. It still wasn't as many tiles as the old G1-3 DL, but it was more than right after a MR. But of course, there weren't any generics included.

The thread for that shouldn't be any deeper than page 2 or 3 in this forum.

Cheers

HMM. this at least gives you M5 and W4 back in the maps and T7 which are missing on the X4 feeds. I might give this a shot to see if I can get those sats back ( and maybe they'll have some DC channels in the Maps)

i wrote down the tiles available after a master reset on the 922 in december. i tore apart my lan computers and lost the file. ill post the info when my hunt is successful.

crackt out,.

After the conversion, here is what I had after my master reset on my 922 with only C-Band LNB:

W2 W3 T4 G7 T6 G3 T5
G6 W4 W1 E2 M1 M5
GO G5 G9 T7 C3 G1 C4
C1

To get X4 to come in, I set G1-13 on the location I knew for W5/X4. X4 came in between W1 and E2. After X4 came in I had all the channels but no sound on the DMX channels. I used my WEBSAMS account to get an activation and rehit and the sound came on.

i can stop looking for the file now. thanks LMICKEY1.

crackt out,.

There is a differnce between the 920 and 922. After MR / conversion on my 920s
the tiles are:
S2 G6 S3 T4 G7 X7 G3
T5 G4 S4 W1 X4 A2 E2
M1 M2 G5 G0 X0 G9 C3
G1 C4 C1

G0 X0 and X4 are added after the MR by the download from X4 and G9 is moved from left of G5 to left of C3

I have both c and Ku on mine
Only the g5-c4 tiles (and x4) have any DC channels defined after the conversion. I assume the Other differences are that the sat names were in the memory of the 922
, and the 920 had different names from an earlier time.

922 models had the generics in firmware, 920s did not.

Are you sure about the generics being in the 922 firmware? From what I've been reading even the 922 will lose the generics on a MR.

At any rate The maps for hits WILL reload from X4. However to get them to load you must be on the right location (103W) and use sat G9-1, verify the frequency and V polarity and then tune manually. After doing that the Hits maps will load. You then have to authorise and subscribe to them via SRL or Skyvision.

X4/W5 is at 105.0W, not 103.

I had the generics on my 922 before and after I did the conversion. When I went to X4 to do the activation and re-hit, my 922 locked up. I tried everything I could think of, including a soft re-set, but couldn't get it functioning. That's when I did the master re-set and lost my generics. I have done several master re-sets over the years on my 922 and always lost my generics.

Apparently I was wrong about the Generics in the FW of a 922. Given mis information! So the 920 and 922 will both Lose generics after a MR. typo about the location of X4 ...still G9 -1 is the sat to use (on a 920) as there is no G0 in the FW maps of the 920 till AFTER a MAP load.

No generics were ever included out of the box. The generic tiles were added on by GI to aid us in picking up things not mapped in. Back in the day GI was very 4DTV friendly and did all kind of cool things for us. Then Motorola came along and did very little if anything. The generics were part of the original GI package Motorola bought when they took over the ACC. There were no changes to them (even though we did need it) since the original days. Now that the only place to get them is history. Were in bad shape unless something can be worked out with Motorola to offer them again when we go to multisat. Or the 4Play gets working up to speed.

Just in case anyone else is thinking about it...stay away from the Anik birds! They still corrupt the maps in the 4D if you happen to hit them . I thought I'd see if they
might give me few more tiles. Even though I didn't even get a DC lock they obviously had an effect because x4 disappeared after trying to lock them.
Ended up doing a MR again (nothing to lose anymore since both my 920s have been MRed on x4 since I converted them)
Probably best to just disconnect the KU cable again!

Just in case anyone else is thinking about it...stay away from the Anik birds!...

That's a good point Scott. Back when HITS was on the original Ku version of X4, my TDT hit 1920. Going to the old X4 from sats west of the Canadian birds would cause me to take a DC lock on the way by. Little by little, this filled my TDT. The slower your actuator is, the more exposed you were... and mine is slow.

The answer back then (when crossing the Canadians) was to move to a C-band bird first. Then, once you were past the Canadians, you could move on to the Ku X4. This prevented the unit from being tuned to the Ku freq of the X4 channel you were going to as you passed *choice.

This hasn't been much of an issue since HITS moved to C-Band. But now that there is no recovering from a 1920 TDT (that preserves old maps), it's something that we all should keep in mind. I won't be disconnecting my Ku cable, but I will be aware of what mode I'm in when I pass the Canadians.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)