4DTV vs. Dish??? WHY???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

craigsharp

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Oklahoma
I'm just curious as to why people would prefer a 4DTV system over a smaller DishNetwork setup??? I know you can mix and match channels, but it just seems like your spending about the same with Dish but getting more channels...

Any input into the question?

Well not sure for others but as I suppose 4dtv is for c-band and Dishnetwork is a small dish Ku digital and for rainy days even with cloudy days dishdon't work that good i have a c-band since 1986 and i can say its the best. Here in Puerto Rico, even when storms are by and you have power light you have channels, not with dish. Thats my experience. Love it even that I do have dishnetwork.

10 years ago, I could have seen someone choosing 4DTV and a C-Band system over Dish Network for subscription programming.
Back then you could get master feeds of most of the basic cable networks in analog VCII and masters of HBO, Max, Showtime, TMC, Encore, and Starz digital channels as well as all of the Discovery network master feeds and MTV network master feeds. Programming at the time was cheaper as well.
Today, however, all that is left accessable as far as master feeds to 4DTV subscribers are some Discovery networks, and HBO, Max, Show, TMC, and Starz, and I think that you can still get the original feed of HBO E&W HD, Show W HD, and maybe Discovery HD Theater.
Lots of the cable networks are now second generation that look worse than Dish or DirecTV and they are re-uplinked by NPS or Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts