4DTV with a 90 cm ku dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

keithzeke

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
If anyone could help with a question I have, would a 4DTV receiver get any thing on ku and would there be an advantage to a 4DTV receiver over say a fortec ultra. Thanks Happy Holidays

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US.

I found the below at www.skyvision.com I am sure the other members will also chip in!

"Motorola 4DTV - Adding the 4DTV receiver to your C-band system allows you to receive four types of satellite signals: the analog "in the clear" and analog subscription (VideoCipher II) you've been watching all along, plus the new free digital and encrypted digital DigiCipher broadcasts. This receiver is also Ku-Band compatible."

It should pick up an In the clear Digicipher signals. These will be cream colored on the lyngsat charts and have Digicipher II next to it instead of DVB.

For instance there is Georgia Public Broadcasting on AMC3 Freq. 11984. I believe you should be able to get this channel with your 4dtv receiver. The ones marked DVB would use a fortec or MPEG2 receiver.

Wholeshoe

correct wholeshoe

there are 2 types of signals for FTA
DCII (Digicipher II)...this is like the old C-Band. a 4DTV is required
DVB-the one most of us use :)

I was not able to recieve anything with my 4DTV unit hooked to my 89cm dish. I still dont have my BUD yet so if anyone finds out anything different let me know.

A 4DTV will NOT work on a Ku band only system. It can only download the channel maps from a C band satellite. The maps are not transmitted on any Ku frequencies.

The only exception is for a Starchoice system, but you'll only get the Starchoice maps.

If you can occassionally hook up to a C Band sat to get the maps, it will work though.

keithzeke said:
If anyone could help with a question I have, would a 4DTV receiver get any thing on ku and would there be an advantage to a 4DTV receiver over say a fortec ultra. Thanks Happy Holidays

If you have the room look around bars, backyards, I'm sure you will find a free dish or one dirt cheap. Look for a 10' and up only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)