4dtv

Booboy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
Mississippi
Had a power failure and now my 4dtv receiver won’t power on, I only use it now as a dish mover, any suggestions on how to fix

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would pop the cover and start with the power supply and see if it is working. Could be as simple as a blown fuse.

Removed vc2 module still dead

One last thing: have you removed all external connections to it, then unplugged it from the wall, then replugged it to reset it and to see if it now powers up?

If so, and if it's still dead, looks like you'll have to tear it down and check the power supply.

Check the 3.6-volt battery. if it's dead you lost you lost all firmware

If it's good, get a hairdryer, and look for where all the heat sinks are, one of the caps next to a heat sink lost its value it's dried up by heating it up the receiver will work again, you may have to reboot, your time will only be a minute or two, then death again but it will tell which cap is the bad one, if it keeps running get a can of cold spray or canned air upside down and hit that cap near a heat sink I bet the receiver goes dead again this is a old trick I used 100's of times that works

When I was doing C-Band work half of my income came from repairing C-band receivers across the US, no internet all by word of mouth, lots of issues were repeated problems, Uniden made the worse receivers for awhile one receiver could have as much as 10-12 bad caps, also bad regulars 5v and 12-volt pos and negative common issues back then I could full circuit info

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
When I was doing C-Band work half of my income came from repairing C-band receivers across the US, no internet all by word of mouth, lots of issues were repeated problems, Uniden made the worse receivers for awhile one receiver could have as much as 10-12 bad caps, also bad regulars 5v and 12-volt pos and negative common issues back then I could full circuit info

I have a friend that’s a tv repair technician, do you think he could possibly be able to repair it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts