4K from FOX on DIRECTV, where is it on DISH?

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
this has to do with that new directv now deal with fox that just happened.
DirecTV customers will also have access to 4K content from Fox's marquee sports properties including MLB regular season and playoff games, top college football and basketball games, NASCAR races and FIFA World Cup games.

i wonder if dish would jump on this that mean fox will be broadcasting sports in 4k next year adding their 4k channels?.

Allen bluegras

I certainly hope Dish stays far away from any such deal. I don't want my bill to go up. I have no interest in sports. Let them put it all in a separate, optional add on pack. Of course, the MLB and NFL and similar will fight that tooth and nail.

the article is saying that fox will be broadcasting sports in 4k next year including nascar so i wonder will other networks start broadcasting their programming in 4k or will they will stick around in hd for a while just a thought for you guys.

Reactions: HiDefRev
the article is saying that fox will be broadcasting sports in 4k next year including nascar so i wonder will other networks start broadcasting their programming in 4k or will they will stick around in hd for a while just a thought for you guys.
Didn't we just have this discussion? I think it's going to be a while (5+ years) before 4K is widely distributed. There's a lot of infrastructure that will need to be changed before 4K dominates OTA.

Reactions: HiDefRev
Didn't we just have this discussion? I think it's going to be a while (5+ years) before 4K is widely distributed. There's a lot of infrastructure that will need to be changed before 4K dominates OTA.
I doubt that 4K will dominate OTA. No one broadcasts 1080P let alone in 4K. I think that you meant cable/internet will have a lot of 4K programming in 4-5 years. I think that satellite will only have 4-8 channels, primarily sports and special events, doing 4K in 4-5 years.

I doubt that 4K will dominate OTA. No one broadcasts 1080P let alone in 4K. I think that you meant cable/internet will have a lot of 4K programming in 4-5 years. I think that satellite will only have 4-8 channels, primarily sports and special events, doing 4K in 4-5 years.
No, I meant OTA. 15 years ago no one would have anticipated HD dominating OTA like it does now. I don't know that cable/internet will have "a lot" of 4k programming in 4-5 years. Again, there's going to have to be a lot of infrastructure pur up before it's widely distributed.

Fox only did 720p ota..can't wait to see what they call 4k

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

720P is HD. There are many in the field of TV transmissions that put 720P above 1080I. The question that should be asked about 4K, will transmissions be 4K or 4K with HDR. My opinion is 4K is no real improvement for the vast majority of people based on what the human eye can detect and at what distance. It's better but not so much that it should be any priority. 4K with HDR can be a difference even at a distance where 4K isn't so much.

Well just like in the past useally Sport Networks are the first to jump to the new Video Standard then Move Channels usually are next since they already are putting some of their Titles in 4K. So would not be surprised to start seeing more channels next year slowly making the switch to the new standard. :)

For the love of God, Allen, 4K is niche at this time. Picture HD about 13 or 14 years ago. I don't want it to hurt sitting down just to get maybe 4 to 5 "must see" sporting events a year in 4K, when I can watch them fine in HD. Remember HD? It's the format that you were flooding the boards around here with requests to add only a year ago! Did that quest ever come to an end?

720P is HD. There are many in the field of TV transmissions that put 720P above 1080I. The question that should be asked about 4K, will transmissions be 4K or 4K with HDR. My opinion is 4K is no real improvement for the vast majority of people based on what the human eye can detect and at what distance. It's better but not so much that it should be any priority. 4K with HDR can be a difference even at a distance where 4K isn't so much.
Its,a way to sell more tvs.unless you have a huge tv

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

if you go to a local walmart you can see that walmart is trying to fastly getting rid of 1080phd tvs i do not know how many folks actually bought 4ktvs for black friday already just a thought

if you go to a local walmart you can see that walmart is trying to fastly getting rid of 1080phd tvs i do not know how many folks actually bought 4ktvs for black friday already just a thought
Most people who got a 4k tv simply bought into the hype. I wonder how many of those folks even know how to access 4k content.

Reactions: JayR
But good for them is the fact that the 4K TV produces a better picture even if you don't ever get actual 4K source material. That's a very big plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't find any data on it, does anyone know the streaming bandwidth difference between 4k and 4k with HDR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)