4k joey fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I upgrade my joey to a 4k model and I buy the joey, will Dish still charge the $7 fee.
To answer your question though, a purchased receiver still has to pay the line lease fee. I think when it's owned it's only $5 a month. I set up a Wally that was purchased for a customer yesterday and that was the fee.

The other upside is that you can activate and deactivate it at will when you're not using it without any fees or penalties

DISH needs to just stop charging fees for receivers that are purchased. That would cause many to buy their receivers in order to avoid lease fees. This would also give subs a reason to stick around for longer because their bills would drop nicely. I was paying close to $28.00 in fees just to have my purchased Hopper 3 and a joey and 4k joey on my bill. That would of made me stick around for a few more years, because I loved DISH interface for the Hopper.

DISH needs to just stop charging fees for receivers that are purchased. That would cause many to buy their receivers in order to avoid lease fees. This would also give subs a reason to stick around for longer because their bills would drop nicely. I was paying close to $28.00 in fees just to have my purchased Hopper 3 and a joey and 4k joey on my bill. That would of made me stick around for a few more years, because I loved DISH interface for the Hopper.
I agree with you that Dish needs to stop charging fees on owned receivers but there are worse companies out there. I used to pay Spectrum almost $40 a month for two 2008 two tuner DVR's that had storage space of about 30 hours of HD. And the interface was something you would have seen back in the 80's. With Dish I am paying $17 a month for a Hopper 3 plus a 4K Joey with the $5 Hopper discount because of the two year agreement. And now I don't have to worry about running out of space after a few days.

Reactions: charlesrshell

It would be nice if Dish stopped charging anything. ;) In the old C-Band days, if you wanted 2 receivers, you paid for 2 full accounts. Then they changed that model and started charging ~$5 for additional receivers to "clone the programming". You aren't paying $5 or $7/month for the receiver, you are paying for the programming on said receiver.

DTV was the first to start charging that fee on the primary receiver, of course Dish followed suit. Now that is a BS fee.

it 7$ for joeys and 15$ Hopper regardless if you own them, which find ridiculous why do i have pay monthly fee for something I outright own. in my cause I have 2 H3 one is called hopper dvr service (leased ) and Hopper receiver fee (I outright bought this) in both case $15 in total 44$ in receiver fee 2 h3 and 2 4k joey

One is already pay 132$ for programing depending what package you got, them charge for box you own just to get programing on that you already paying for is just double diping imo I understand those fee IF we are leasing them which most people are doing but but when we own it ?

for last 5+ years I been constantly keeping on eye on my promo i have my account and having the reapplied just to keep the bill below 150$ other wise my bill would upwards of 250$ there $ off 40 for 12 months that normal carries year or 2 year contract ( which argued with them to waive 1/2 year contract, or i out right cancel dish right then so far the have obliged that no contract probably also help i have number from senior/executive customer support line too) another 5$ for i think "autopay" and half off starz/ dish movie package which is another 10$ which usual has be reapplied ever 3 to 6 months

I would wait few month though as they gona release joey 4 that replace the 4k joey which will be same 7$ charge

I was told I have to pay $42 for 4k joey install, I think its wropng
This thread is over a year old. Nowadays, if you want Joey 4K, you should get a Joey 4 instead which is not only 4K but also HDR and works like an Android device including the Google Play Store. I do not know where the $42 came from, but perhaps it was for the installation of both a Joey 4 and a Hopper Plus.