4K Joey HDMI problem?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I got the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey at the release. Most issues that affected me were with the 4K Joey. As of the last update for both, and it has been a while. Each night when I turn on the TV. It is a crap shoot as to if I will have TV. I was rebooting the 4K Joey before I watched TV. But now I just unplug and reinsert the HDMI cable and the picture comes back. I have good HDMI cables. And have changed them to be sure the cable is not the problem. The LED is newer and did not have this issue when I first got the system. (Did have other issues of course). Is anybody else having this issue? Could it be the Hopper? Or is this a Joey issue? Thanks

I got the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey at the release. Most issues that affected me were with the 4K Joey. As of the last update for both, and it has been a while. Each night when I turn on the TV. It is a crap shoot as to if I will have TV. I was rebooting the 4K Joey before I watched TV. But now I just unplug and reinsert the HDMI cable and the picture comes back. I have good HDMI cables. And have changed them to be sure the cable is not the problem. The LED is newer and did not have this issue when I first got the system. (Did have other issues of course). Is anybody else having this issue? Could it be the Hopper? Or is this a Joey issue? Thanks
Sounds like HDCP issues. Turning tv off and on should do it but being sure you have a 2.1 HDMI will help.

I'd say the same, HDCP issues. I have noticed on all DISH "HD" gear that there are connection problems especially with NBCU channels. It mostly affects my rack monitor hooked up via component cables. If my rack monitor is on and I turn on my main DLP, I get the HDCP panel on both TV's or when I run the rack monitor solo without > My solution was to route the HDMI through my AVR and have it set for "passthrough". Then there is a "legal", in the eyes of DISH, HDCP component in the loop all the time and I can use my rack monitor or both mostly without incident. Sometimes when I first turn on the DLP and the HDMI signal gets interrupted, the rack monitor will go black or the HDCP Warning will come up until everything stabilizes. I have noticed for some time that HDCP is a little intense on DISH gear. I don't have this problem with any other pieces in my system.

I'd say the same, HDCP issues. I have noticed on all DISH "HD" gear that there are connection problems especially with NBCU channels. It mostly affects my rack monitor hooked up via component cables. If my rack monitor is on and I turn on my main DLP, I get the HDCP panel on both TV's or when I run the rack monitor solo without > My solution was to route the HDMI through my AVR and have it set for "passthrough". Then there is a "legal", in the eyes of DISH, HDCP component in the loop all the time and I can use my rack monitor or both mostly without incident. Sometimes when I first turn on the DLP and the HDMI signal gets interrupted, the rack monitor will go black or the HDCP Warning will come up until everything stabilizes. I have noticed for some time that HDCP is a little intense on DISH gear. I don't have this problem with any other pieces in my system.
Kinda surprised component gets HDCP crap being an analog signal. Dish needs to fix that.

Sounds like HDCP issues. Turning tv off and on should do it but being sure you have a 2.1 HDMI will help.

That could be it. But this was not a problem to start. It started with 309 on the Hopper 3 and whatever the last Joey update was. Turning the TV on and off does not help. Only a disconnect of the HDMI or a reboot from the 4K Joey. Will bring the picture back. Thanks

That could be it. But this was not a problem to start. It started with 309 on the Hopper 3 and whatever the last Joey update was. Turning the TV on and off does not help. Only a disconnect of the HDMI or a reboot from the 4K Joey. Will bring the picture back. Thanks
You have an avr between H3 and tv?

Yes I do. Here are the settings on the Denon AVR-X4000. Keep in mind the problem only exists on the 4K Joey. But since the H3 is the mother ship so to speak. It could be one or the other. IMO Thanks
avr-x4000.JPG
You have an avr between H3 and tv?

Power the avr off and on should reset the black screen.

So at night when I leave the H3 in the main room. Go the the bedroom where the 4K Joey is I should run back to the living room, cycle the AVR on/off run back to the bedroom then check it? I fell like saying should I stand on one leg and hop at the same time, but I won't. I know you are tiring to help but that is just wrong. I know it is a process of trouble shooting. But it would be nice to know if anything could be done. Or is this a known issue. So I am not wasting my time. Thanks again.

So at night when I leave the H3 in the main room. Go the the bedroom where the 4K Joey is I should run back to the living room, cycle the AVR on/off run back to the bedroom then check it? I fell like saying should I stand on one leg and hop at the same time, but I won't. I know you are tiring to help but that is just wrong. I know it is a process of trouble shooting. But it would be nice to know if anything could be done. Or is this a known issue. So I am not wasting my time. Thanks again.
:) sorry forgot we were talking Joey.

Reactions: budda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)