4K Joey Installation

WOW, I didn't know Vizio has so many series. Presently in my garage I have a 2014 M series Vizio 42" M422i-B1 1080P 240Hz Smart TV and it has been awesome so far. Garage goes thru extreme temperatures too. Going to move this TV to a bedroom when I get the Vizio 4K this week. I see in the Vizio site there is a Reference series too. The 120" model is $129,999.99. OUCH :eeek Hate to pay the sales tax on that one! LOL
Purchase that one in Oregon! :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
WOW, I didn't know Vizio has so many series. Presently in my garage I have a 2014 M series Vizio 42" M422i-B1 1080P 240Hz Smart TV and it has been awesome so far. Garage goes thru extreme temperatures too. Going to move this TV to a bedroom when I get the Vizio 4K this week. I see in the Vizio site there is a Reference series too. The 120" model is $129,999.99. OUCH :eeek Hate to pay the sales tax on that one! LOL
Yes they have quite a few models.
I see the 4K version of my TV is $1200 .
I would like to see the Sam's Club price though.

The 4K version vs My 1080p version is $300 premium.
Definitely not buying that yet!
The specs are Identical except for the Pixel count.

Yes they have quite a few models.
I see the 4K version of my TV is $1200 .
I would like to see the Sam's Club price though.

The 4K version vs My 1080p version is $300 premium.
Definitely not buying that yet!
The specs are Identical except for the Pixel count.
Yep, prices are still too high for me. Glad I got a cheapo 43". n0qcu, does your 4K Vizio UHD upscaling look pretty good in 720p?

Sony, Sony, Sony... :biggrin
I like Sonys, But my last one left me a bad taste.
But certainly wouldn't count them out. Sonys definitely aren't over marketed like Samsungs.

But I spend over $1000 on a Flat Screen 32inch Sony CRT in 2003, and it only lasted 4 years.
That is Pathetic for a CRT.
It got replaced with a $450 32 inch Magnavox flat panel LCD in 2007 and it still works today.
Gave it to my sister in law.
Replaced it with my 40 inch Samsung.

Vizio has lots of award winning tvs for Under $1000, I've yet seen one of them from Samsung.
$1500 and Higher that's about it.
Which is fine but that's above what the Average tv buyer spends.

Reactions: charlesrshell
In December 2011 I installed in our primary TV location a Samsung 55” 3D 1080P Smart TV. The only issue I have had is that the CEC setting the TV and A/V would turn on but when you hit the turn off button the TV would not turn off. I spent countless phone calls to Samsung CSRs. Went thru all the set up menus, default settings, etc and nothing would work. Finally on my last CRS call a more knowledgeable CRS said it is a known issue and that is the way it is. So I went in to a Samsung forum and discovered there were bunches of folks pissed off about the same issue. One forum poster was going to sue Samsung. Why would the CEC on button connect turn everything on but not do a one button turn off for the TV! So I didn’t worry about it anymore. Short time later DISH came out in a software update the HDMI-CEC setting which works great for me. I started to shy away from Samsung TVs since then even though I do have another Samsung 40” 1080P Smart TV in my kitchen. The one thing I do like about Samsung TV apps is there is a Web Browser App that gives you a real browser connection to the www. I don’t think my Vizio 42” 1080P Smart TV in the garage has that app or at least I haven’t found it yet. I really don’t use the TV apps anyway since I use DISH’s apps.

Another reason I am staying away from any future Samsung TVs is that several of the 4K models have all the HDMI ports and the RF port too mounted on the side of the TV, none on the rear. The Samsung 40” 4K I almost bought appeared to me the cables would stick out too far on the side of the TV and I do not want to use angle HDMI and RF connectors if I don’t need too.

Last edited:
Yeah, no kidding, I'd hate to buy it in Birmingham, the highest sales tax rate in Alabama at 10.5%, that would add another $13,650 to that, not that I'm in the market, LOL.

Well, received my Vizio today. Connected all the cables and turned it on. Looks like it is defective. What do yall think? Never seen a screen like this before. Defective Vizio.jpg

Last edited:

Suggestion re: free previews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)