4K Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is that something that can be fixed with a software update?
No the hardware does not support it.

I have not heard of anything about a 4K Joey 2.0 either...

I am sure one will come just when is the question. 4K is still morphing and changing... HDR / HDR 10 / HDR 10 / Dolby Vision and so on... (I like Dolby Vision the best myself) :)

Hard... when the decided to switch from XIP to ZIP technology. The 4K Joey was designed for XIP.

The 4K Hopper uses ZIP.

The 4K joey will NEVER have PIP.

Sometimes I wish they wouldn't announce features which they are not sure they will ever launch. For example the Hopper 3 brochure given out at CES says the Hopper 3 multiview will do 8 channels at once. :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
The best route to go is to have dual H3s instead of a H3 and 4K Joey. That would add about $170 to the $50 for the 4K Joey. Add a dual OTA device to each H3 and you have 4TBs of internal memory, 36 tuners, up to 6 2TB EHDs, PIP at the 2 4k tvs, Multiview at each 4K TV. Additional Joeys can be set to see either H3s.

Hard... when the decided to switch from XIP to ZIP technology. The 4K Joey was designed for XIP.

The 4K Hopper uses ZIP.

The 4K joey will NEVER have PIP.

Sometimes I wish they wouldn't announce features which they are not sure they will ever launch. For example the Hopper 3 brochure given out at CES says the Hopper 3 multiview will do 8 channels at once. :D
But the Joey doesn't recieve from the LNB it gets all its programming from the Hopper so why should the tech used for the hopper make any difference.
You'll never convince me that is the reason

The best route to go is to have dual H3s instead of a H3 and 4K Joey. That would add about $170 to the $50 for the 4K Joey. Add a dual OTA device to each H3 and you have 4TBs of internal memory, 36 tuners, up to 6 2TB EHDs, PIP at the 2 4k tvs, Multiview at each 4K TV. Additional Joeys can be set to see either H3s.
Awesome setup.

That does work great. It would be even better if I could do like I had before the H3 and have all H3 and no Joeys.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts