4K Joeys freezing about every minute, Hopper 3 is fine. (1 Viewer)

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
IIRC that's the heater that did glitch a lot. :eeek I started with the dual-tuner heater, and upgraded almost immediately to the AirTV (Lark-based) version for $30. Can't beat that price.
Hey, I just saw your post in the other thread, where you offered to give away that dual-tuner heater for free.
You want to try my old dual-tuner heater? It was working pretty well before I replaced it with the AirTV version. I'll give it to you for free if you want to try it.
Do you still have it? Just curious.

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
Just got off the line with Dish Support. My Joey 3 connected to my H3 was pixellating and smearing all over the place and changing to a strong OTA channel would not fix it.

Had to interrupt the Mrs watching the Braves and the Dodgers by rebooting the H3 to get it fixed.

I emphasized to the CSR that we all feel that this is a software bug introduced in the last H3 update - please get on it and get it fixed.
20201014_183254[1].jpg

• Love
Reactions: crodrules

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Thanks for the replies all. For the glitching/pixelation issue, I am going to try and unplug the OTA dongle. I have been getting random errors from that thing for the last month or so now that I think about it. I think it is still the original dongle from the Hopper before, but I might be wrong. For sure, it is not the new dual one. I'll do that this evening and reset everything and see if it plays nice.

I opened up a can of worms on the Hopper 4 comment. Really brings up the question of what could be newer in a new release of the Hopper? Small, faster, sleeker-looking interface. Man, that thing was fast and cool when I first got it.
If you have the original OTA Adapter, that's most likely it

Reactions: TheKrell

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Why do you say that? What's wrong with two dual OTA dongles?
IF they could make two ota dongles work like that ,they can make more money off those who have to have them. OF course they could make a 4 tuner ota dongle and charge more for it. Either way it would make the customers happy.

I've always thought they messed up by not having a 4 ota tuner dongle in the first place. Especially with the price of locals continuing to go up every other year or so. I can remember paying like $5.00 for locals for the longest time and then it went to $8.00 then $10.00 and now $12.00. The only thing that has continued to go up as much has been the DVR fees. I say let those who have sat locals pay the $15.00 for Primetime Anytime features and those with just ota pay $10.00 a month.

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I would be happy just to get PTAT on Hopper Duo. Perhaps Dish was concerned that feature would fill up the 500GB internal hard drive too fast. So for the Hopper Duo 2, maybe they can include a 2TB internal hard drive, just like all of the other Hoppers. Dish should have gotten enough Hoppers back by now that they can easily refurbish those internal drives for use in a new Hopper model, just like they refurbished internal hard drives from the 722 series DVR's to make the first Hopper Duo. Then, the new Hopper 4 can include a 4TB internal hard drive, and Dish can charge Hopper 4 customers for that accordingly.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts