4K TV RVU-Client or C61K Client?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
Thinking of buying a 65" 4K TV and wondering about the 2 scenarios above. Done some reading but one thing unclear. If I go the 4K TV RVU-Client route, do I need an Internet connection? Don't have one right now :(

This is the Sony setup I'm referring to.
a3be124bae740d470b280b6f7dd8869f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The internet connection is used for VOD and Whole Home recordings sharing. Why don't you use a DECA II adapter on the DTV Ready TV (if it has a RJ45 ethernet connector) and a CCK coming out of the router. The Genie (HR44/54) doesn't need a adapter for DECA.

Great question....Cant imagine many would have exact setup?...I have the sony 75X850C....
When I upgade to a HR-54 I find it crappy the reciver wont have a 4K hard wire output?
I wonder on the speed of channel changing and guide?

as of right now, VOD is the ONLY way to view any 4k content with D*. there's another thread floating around about trying to get 4k up for some golf tourney soon though. so yes, you do need an internet connection (and not a crappy one if you want 4k). using Netflix's recommendation of ~20mb/s down, you're not going to want to use a CCK or the internal deca of the genie, you really want to use a broadband deca to connect your D* system to the internet. as for the TV side of things, there's the deca III now, which allows the use of USB for power instead of the power brick (very handy for this set up), otherwise you can just ask for a C61K when you order, which while it is a seperate box from the TV, will allow you a wider array of TV's to buy. it just has to have HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 compliant port.

btw, internet connection is not related to whole home recording ability. otherwise alot of people in the country would be screwed with their genie setup :p.

I have the RVU Client on My LG and My Sony and I absolutely love it. The internet is not required to use the RVU client but you may not be able to get the 4K content since its on VOD as mentioned. If you do get an internet connection later it what's great is that the Deca provides Internet to the tv for its smart features as well.

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)