4th TV (3rd receiver) question

kariya

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Just got DISH installed a week ago and am running into a bit of a problem.

Ok. Here is the situation. I have 4 tvs in my house.

I do have the 1000.2 dish with the LNB that has three plastic lens caps all in one housing

Living room : HD TV with a 722 DVR connected to it.
Office: Standard TV - Set up to get 2nd feed from the 722 DVR.

Bedroom 1: Standard TV with a 625 DVR connected to it
Master Bedroom : Standard TV - Gets 2nd feed from the 625 DVR

HOWEVER - Getting the 2nd feed in the office from the 722 really messes up the rest of the family when they want to watch a program on the HD TV and there is anything recording. So I have set the 722 to be in single mode so I can have both tuners be on that TV.

What I want is a 3rd receiver for the office. It can be a regular receiver or a 612 Standalone DVR receiver (best case senario)

I have heard there are Dish rules as to how many tuners you can have.

Based on my senario, does anyone know if its possible to get a 3rd receiver for my office?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I will be having same issue with my new home. I have 2 HD TV... 1 in family foom, 1 in bed room. I have 2 622's wich 1 of them runs my family room, an my sons room. The other 622 is in the bed room wich is only on the HD TV didn't hook up TV2 cause wife wants to record her shows. Now I want to buy a 222 for our den for my other HD TV.. Will this be possible on 1 dish???

You'll need a switch...you can use two DP34's if you can get two cables to each receiver location, if not you'll need a DPP44.

If you have the 1000.2 dish with the LNB that has three plastic lens caps all in one housing, then you can hook up 3 receivers directly to it. If you have the older dish which has two separate LNBs on it, then the answer is you'll need a switch.

You can split the outout from the 625 in the bedroom and run another coax to the office and get another uhf remote from ebay. I only have a 522 and combine the TV1 and TV2 outputs using a splitter in reverse then using a 4 output amplified splitter from Radio Shack feed other TV's in the house using uhf remotes. Just an idea.

If you have the 1000.2 dish with the LNB that has three plastic lens caps all in one housing, then you can hook up 3 receivers directly to it. If you have the older dish which has two separate LNBs on it, then the answer is you'll need a switch.

cheaper to get a 1000.2 than to buy a switch

fred

Crap, I should have put that in my original post. I do have the 1000.2 dish with the LNB that has three plastic lens caps all in one housing.

put the 722 in dual mode and set it to default to recording on TV2. then it will only record on TV1 if if records two shows at the same time. this is how i have mine setup.

you can also run the coax outputs of 625-TV1, 625-TV2, 722-TV1&2 into a 4-way combiner (splitter), then run that into a 4-way splitter and out to each tv. then you can view any output on any tv by simply switching the channel on the TV (i have also done this). set it up so that 625-TV1 goes to Cable Channel 4, 625-TV2 to Cable Channel 73, 722-TV1 to Cable Channel 75, & 722-TV2 to Cable Channel 77.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts