5/13/2009 1:24pm - Uplink Activity Report - 235 changes

Thanks digiblur,

I have one dish pointed at the 61.5 sat and the dish 500 pointed at the western sats like 119 and 110.

Would it be possible to pull in 129 on the dish 500 along with the others? or do I need to point the 61.5 dish to 129?

The reason I ask is, the dish 500 is mounted on a pole in the ground. The smaller dish is on the roof about 45 ft up.

Either swing the 61.5 dish around to receive 129 or replace the Dish 500 with a 1000.2 to get all 3 locations (110, 119, 129).

Well, I tried to point the 61.5 at 129 but for some reason never could catch the signal. From my rooftop the 23.3° elevation seemed to point right at the western horizon, not the sky.

Will call in the AM and see about dish getting me a 1000.2.
Thanks guys.

Yep a 22 degree offset dish will look at the horizon...but due to the offset it looks 22 degrees higher than you think.

How did you try to repoint? What transponder did you use?

That was my first attempt at trying to find a satellite. I really didn't pay attention to the transponder but I think it was on 24.

I may have just missed it because when I set the dish back to the 61.5, it took the system going thru a check switch before it locked onto the sat.

My old 522 could find and lock onto a sat quick and easy, this 722 takes a while.

I went to the sat pointing site you mentioned earlier and got all the numbers from a google map on the same page. The line it showed went right over my neighbors mailbox, so I used his box as the direction. Then set the dish according to the website.

That was my first attempt at trying to find a satellite. I really didn't pay attention to the transponder but I think it was on 24.

I may have just missed it because when I set the dish back to the 61.5, it took the system going thru a check switch before it locked onto the sat.

My old 522 could find and lock onto a sat quick and easy, this 722 takes a while.

I went to the sat pointing site you mentioned earlier and got all the numbers from a google map on the same page. The line it showed went right over my neighbors mailbox, so I used his box as the direction. Then set the dish according to the website.

You might be able to find it. Here's the easiest and full proof way.

Go to 61.5 TP 22. Make sure it shows the correct satellite lock and signal. Swing the Dish over to 129, remember the meter on the screen has a delay to it so small movements when you get in the area of 129. Use DishPointer.com to reference something in your yard if you do not have a compass. You will be looking for a the wrong satellite message with signal strength from 129. Fine tune it and tighten the bolts. Then run a check switch and you're done.

Thanks digiblur!!!!:)

Was able to get in 129 with a peak of about 45-50. The 61.5 sat only had a peak of about 35.

I did notice something odd.
When I started the move. I had the station on sci-fi. The picture on sci-fi was widesceen but smaller than the TV.
After the move, the station on 129 fills the entire screen.

Thanks again!

Good deal! Glad I could help out. Not sure why the screen is different since SciFi HD is on 110 on your setup. Saved you a service call hassle and some $$$$.

Good deal! Glad I could help out. Saved you a service call hassle and some $$$$.

:up :up

That used to most of the interactions in these DBS forums a few years back, people helping each other get a signal from a particular satellite, getting the receiver setup properly, etc.

There was a little bit of "I wish E* would get blahblah channel", but much less whining than these days. :(