5/13/2009 1:24pm - Uplink Activity Report - 235 changes

Poor Rochester, NY

So we here in Rochester, NY have the distinction of being one of the top DMA's not to have HD locals. Yes I know that Dish doesn't just go in DMA order, but DirecTV had offered HD locals for quite a few months now, so I have to assumed the local affiliates are open to uplinking at a reasonable price etc. Oh well, OTA is working OK, but spotty. Just frustrating seeing so much HD Local activity and being left out of the party. And no, I can't "move" to Buffalo or Syrcause because I am bundled.

*sigh*

Brian

Why is the St. Louis CW-HD station being carried on both wing birds plus 118? I've heard of markets where all the HD systems were originally installed pointing to one bird and then the locals were put on another one, but all three birds?

Why is the St. Louis CW-HD station being carried on both wing birds plus 118? I've heard of markets where all the HD systems were originally installed pointing to one bird and then the locals were put on another one, but all three birds?

St. Louis was put on 118.7 first before 61.5 was setup for spotbeams. There was idle spotbeam space in that area so they put them on 61.5 as that area was deemed a EA install so installers wouldn't have to put up a Plus dish for HD locals. Same thing happened when Ciel-2 arrived at 129. They will remove them from 118.7 and slide over to 129 so plus dishes are not required for HD locals when EA is NLOS.

Charlie Chat in HD coming soon ;)

Interesting that they uplinked the two Oklahoma DMA's on 129 when they already on 119 spotbeams on the Western Arc system.

Yeah saw that wonder whats up with that? Wonder why they would move them?

Charlie Chat in HD coming soon ;)

Interesting that they uplinked the two Oklahoma DMA's on 129 when they already on 119 spotbeams on the Western Arc system.

The same for the Birmingham hd locals. I wonder when they go live on 129, will they shut them down on 119?? Fine by me. Been having trouble with 119.

They are already on 61.5 for the Eastern Arc.

And the other ones that were still active as well, not that I ever watched them. Maybe this will free up more room for more national HD for us. :D

Went home at lunch and the ABC feed at 5601 is gone. I guess they have to turn off the 110 feed before they turn on the 129 feed? That's okay for me, but I'm betting a lot of Anchorage customers without 129 will be calling to see where it went.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe a fair number of local additions are actually the Ion channel that is carried on local stations. They all are on E-7 at 119 W TP 14.

Considering most of the call signs have the letters "PX" in them, there is a 0% chance that you are wrong.

Somebody at Dish goofed - WYPX is OTA 55 not 50 and its PSIP shows it as ION not WYPX. 50 is the actual frquency that it is on, not its channel identifier. As a result Dish's WYPX and the OTA WYPX are not next to one another and in addition the OTA channel on my 722 still shows digital service.

I noticed channel 29 in the charleston wv market on the list as available but it does not show up in the EPG. Is this one of those channels that is not on the satellite but only has EPG data for those receiving OTA?

You probably don't have a 129 dish as they are up and running.

Thanks digiblur,

I have one dish pointed at the 61.5 sat and the dish 500 pointed at the western sats like 119 and 110.

Would it be possible to pull in 129 on the dish 500 along with the others? or do I need to point the 61.5 dish to 129?

The reason I ask is, the dish 500 is mounted on a pole in the ground. The smaller dish is on the roof about 45 ft up.