5/14/2012 1:17pm - Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Couldn't that channel file must carry? Not sure about those rules.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

If they are a low power station they cannot file must carry.

That is the problem they are low power and cannot force the must carry, so they want to have the law changed to say that if a satellite provider (indirectly cable is off the hook) does not carry every low power station (perhaps could be interpreted to include translator stations) they cannot say that they carry locals. Essentially every low power church channel would pop up on this too...

They still could not force carriage directly, but this would open DIRECTV/Dish open to countless false advertising lawsuits.

If they are a low power station they cannot file must carry.

they can ask to be carried but they have no pot to piss in to complain about if Dish or Directv says no

Usually the only time LP stations are carried on D* & E* is if it is associated with a major network (the Big 4) or even CW

Little PO dunk station making a big stir. I highly doubt someone asked directv if they carried his station and they said yes. The channels are straight on the website.

With the way the Louisiana legislature is pushing everything through in a I don't care attitude this year I would not be surprised if this goes through with a little creative wording to confuse these old guys trying to go home and have four day weekends every week instead of actually reading the bills.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It's possible someone did say it was carried, even as an honest mistake as sited in the article. If the actual legislation ends up the contract must state what local channels are being provided at the time of sale, seems harmless, and maybe even not a bad idea. It actually could protect the provider as well from someone saying they were mislead.

It's possible someone did say it was carried, even as an honest mistake as sited in the article. If the actual legislation ends up the contract must state what local channels are being provided at the time of sale, seems harmless, and maybe even not a bad idea. It actually could protect the provider as well from someone saying they were mislead.

I could see the whole mixup as they call themselves channel 10 when they were never channel 10 OTA in the first place. Channel 10 in that area has always belonged to the CBS affiliate, KLFY, a full power station. They created their own issue there.

digiblur said:
I could see the whole mixup as they call themselves channel 10 when they were never channel 10 OTA in the first place. Channel 10 in that area has always belonged to the CBS affiliate, KLFY, a full power station. They created their own issue there.

KLFY is in Lafayette. In the 1980s, the local cable company offered it, but it has not been available through cable for quite some time. However, for quite some time, the local cable company offered 4 WWL in New Orleans and WAFB 9 in Baton Rouge (until recently when the cable company dropped it a few years ago along with WBRZ 2 and WVLA 33). I guess people liked The Price Is Right at 11 and The Young and the Restless at 4 PM (Lol...as WAFB shifted those 2 programs...It also airs CBS This Morning or whatever it is called as WWL does not since the '80s I believe...now WWL's sister station WUPL (My Network TV) airs it although independent WHNO used to air it in the 90s. WWL airs The Late Late Show after a syndicated program--The Insider currently--as WAFB airs it at the normal time.) I believe HTV 10 was wanting to be on the local cable provider for years as I even think I saw a link about wanting carriage in the mid-1990s. The local cable company added it around 2002 or 2003 when it was about to switch ownership (that is the cable company, not the channel). Before the digital only channels, HTV 10 was easy to catch OTA. Now, it is not always easy in all areas. I believe it has 3 or 4 subchannels. If I had to guess how the 10 behind the name came, it is probably that the Houma cable provider at the time placed it on channel 10. However, to be fair, when looking at KFOL and KLFY, they both have a K, F, and L.

Last edited: