$5 Additional Reciever Fee

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Maybe im reading this wrong, but if i was to use a dual tuner reciever i would not incur a 5 dollar fee as long as its hooked up to a phone line. Thus in sence if i had 2 322s and 1 311, asuming both hooked up to a phone line, i would only be paying for programing and only one 5.00 adt'l reciever fee? if so, might be worth the hastle to make it work.

You pay additional receiver fees on every receiver past your first one. There is a secondary fee for the dual output (322, 522 etc) receivers if they are not hooked to a phone line.

SatinKzo said:
You pay additional receiver fees on every receiver past your first one. There is a secondary fee for the dual output (322, 522 etc) receivers if they are not hooked to a phone line.
Actually, the extra receiver fee only applies to those receivers you own. Leased receivers have a $5 lease fee per month vs the $4.99 extra receiver fee for owned receivers.

yes, you are correct. The lease fee takes the place of the additional receiver fee. on re-reading the OP, they don't say own or lease, but I read it as the receivers being owned.

Also, the OP is talking about 3 receivers (2 322's and 1 311) so but only mentions 1 additinal receiver/lease fee. So, now I am not sure what the OP is asking exactly.

The way I see it (for example only)
Assuming all 3 are hooked to a phone line, there would be 2 additinal recvr/lease fees. If the 322's are not connected to a phone line, they incur another "outlet" fee, similar to the addtional receiver fee. at least I think the 322's get the no phone line charge if not hooked up. Too much egg nog. :)

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
yes, you are correct. The lease fee takes the place of the additional receiver fee. on re-reading the OP, they don't say own or lease, but I read it as the receivers being owned.
Also, the OP is talking about 3 receivers (2 322's and 1 311) so but only mentions 1 additinal receiver/lease fee. So, now I am not sure what the OP is asking exactly.
The way I see it (for example only)
Assuming all 3 are hooked to a phone line, there would be 2 additinal recvr/lease fees. If the 322's are not connected to a phone line, they incur another "outlet" fee, similar to the addtional receiver fee. at least I think the 322's get the no phone line charge if not hooked up. Too much egg nog. :)

Your fairly correct satinkzo, in the senario it would be owning the recievers. only if in the long run, buy doing so, i would be advoiding any extra fees if i had them hooked up to a phone line. so since i own them, and have them pluged into a phone line, i wouldent have any extra fees, correct?

You still would have an additional receiver fee for receiver 2 and 3. Rember, this is receiver fee, not tuner fee. So if the 311 was the primary receiver, you would pay and additinal receiver fee for each 322. Conversely, if a 322 was the primary receiver, you would pay an additional receiver fee for 1 322 and the 311.

The phone line connection only applies to the 322 for you. If you do not hook them up, you would incur another fee, again, I believe it is labeled as an outlet fee. so the fees on a 322 that is a secondary receiver and not hooked to a phone line approach $10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts