5 LNB install information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

strebeck

Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I am having a 5 LNB dish installed in a week or so. In fear of sounding stupid, what do I need to know that I probably don't? Most of the 'stuff' I have read about seems to center on the lack on information/knowledge on the part of the homeowner/consumer and poor information relayed from D*.

- How will the dish need to be mounted? My current (dual LNB) in on my roof.
- Can the dish be installed on my chimney, 4X4 post?
- What do I need to do in advance of the install?
- I have 1 HD receiver, and will keep one 'regular' receiver. Can the non-HD receiver receive a duplexed signal (both the sat. and antenna)? I know the HD receiver cannot.

What else do I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your help.

The dish can be mounted in a similar fashion to the standard dishes, but there are additional considerations due to it's larger size and weight. A roof mount is acceptable, but it must be screwed into the rafters, and it will require 2 brace poles to help support it. There are additional mounting options, such as an S-tube that may also be employed. A chimney mount or a 4x4 probably won't work.

The HD receiver can receive OTA signal, but it requires a separate line in to do so since it can't be diplexed with the D* signal on the slimline dish. The SD receiver will be able to receive the diplexed OTA signal.

The dish can be mounted in a similar fashion to the standard dishes, but there are additional considerations due to it's larger size and weight. A roof mount is acceptable, but it must be screwed into the rafters, and it will require 2 brace poles to help support it. There are additional mounting options, such as an S-tube that may also be employed. A chimney mount or a 4x4 probably won't work.

The HD receiver can receive OTA signal, but it requires a separate line in to do so since it can't be diplexed with the D* signal on the slimline dish. The SD receiver will be able to receive the diplexed OTA signal.

So hje would need to run one antenna line to the rec, (HD) and a seperate one to the dish/ MS to be diplexed ???

Sounds like a lot of work to me, why not just run two antenna lines to the respective locations.

Jimbo

So hje would need to run one antenna line to the rec, (HD) and a seperate one to the dish/ MS to be diplexed ???

Sounds like a lot of work to me, why not just run two antenna lines to the respective locations.

Jimbo

I agree that would be the easier route, but it sounded like he was already doing OTA via diplexer with his current system. I could have read too much into his original post, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)