5 LNB Pole Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks. That may be a bit short but it should work. I need to sink it 3' which then leaves 3' above the ground, which should be fine for the location it will be in. Any shorter and there'd be issues with snow (yes, it does get deep enough that the dish would be buried). ;)

Last edited:
I doubt that Skywalker will sell directly to a private consumer. Being an installer contractor, we have a commercial account with them.

If you really have to have it, try;

6ft Galvanized Ground Pole for SuperDISH | SKY5999 [Skywalker] | SKY5999 6-ft galvanized antenna mast 2.0 in O.D. Fits superDISH satellite mast antenna mast pole mast superdish mast superdish mount

18 gauge is mighty thin. Even a 1-5/8 inch chain link fence post is a thicker 16 gauge. Schedule 40 is nearly three times thicker than 18 gauge.

Heh...same link that was in the above post... ;)

I'd think the 18 gauge would be OK if I fill it [almost] to the top with concrete, right?

When you stop and think about it, the pole does not have to be 3ft down. The concrete does. (at least I guess it does where you live) You just drill through the pole and place some set scews to help anchor into the crete

Now I feel stupid. You're right.

I'll go that route then. The frostline here is between 2' and 2.5', so I always go at least 3'. I think I'll sink the pole in 1.5' and then leave 4.5' above ground. That'll be enough to stay above the snow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.