5 LNB Re-Install????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

squirrelchaser

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I'll be replacing my roof in the next week or so which will force me to take down the dish temporarily.

Anyone have any advice as to how I should approach this with DTV? I would like them to re-install without hitting me too hard in the wallet.

TIA

Call directv and change your service address to let's say a friends or someone you know...

Then wait a day and call the movers like which is 1866-wayumove and give them your house address. They will come do an install for free you just have to sign up for another 2 years or 1 year or something.

We got a new roof last year. The roofers measured where the bolts went and were careful when they took the dish down. After putting in the new roof, they placed the dish in it's original spot. I was surprised, but they got it exactly right.

Just take the dish loose at the base disconnect the coax. do not touch the screws/bolts up top. If you re mount the dish in the same location you should be pretty close. You might need to move it left or right to get signal. I would try this first rather than going thru trying to scam directv. It's not like you will be missing any new HD channels from them anytime soon. :)

Do you have the protection plan? If so it should be covered under the plan.

Call D* and tell them you're re-roofing, set up a date to have it re-installed. After the roof is done.

We do this all the time, I'm in roofing.

We've never had a customer call back to complain and try to charge us for the re-installation.

If you don't have the protection plan I think it's $75.00.

Protection doesn't cover that. Covers realigning but not re-installing because you had it removed.

Protection doesn't cover that. Covers realigning but not re-installing because you had it removed.

Yea but just call for a service call saying your signal is super low and your picture is cutting in and out. To us technitions a SC is a SC doesn't matter what it is.

Just do what I said, change the address to another.. then call the movers line and set it up to move back to the first address.. I work for D* and it's done all the time, they are happy because they feel you just left a dish at another address and are going to sign another contract.. Why mess with the dish if you don't have too?? Plus you get the newest and best dish out there.

Just do what I said, change the address to another.. then call the movers line and set it up to move back to the first address.. I work for D* and it's done all the time, they are happy because they feel you just left a dish at another address and are going to sign another contract.. Why mess with the dish if you don't have too?? Plus you get the newest and best dish out there.

Do you have to re up on your commitment if you do that ?

Yea but just call for a service call saying your signal is super low and your picture is cutting in and out. To us technitions a SC is a SC doesn't matter what it is.

I'm a tech also and If I roll up on a SC and the dish is lying on the ground or stuck on the rook with roofing nails somebody got to open the check book and it's not me.

Do you have to re up on your commitment if you do that ?

yup, I don't know why it so hard to just be honest. Why do people go out their way. The correct way to do it is remove the dish.

Open a WO for UPgrade relocate.

That will pay the tech to re-install the dish back on the roof. If it's any charges outside of custom work will be between the sub and D*.

I'll be replacing my roof in the next week or so which will force me to take down the dish temporarily.

Anyone have any advice as to how I should approach this with DTV? I would like them to re-install without hitting me too hard in the wallet.

TIA

Why not look at mounting it somewhere else besides the roof? Side of the house, a pole???? The service contract is worth it. I have it and used it for them to realign my dish. I am sure it would cover moving the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)