This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

5 LNB Slimline Stolen ......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
My brother's Slimeline was stolen right of his house while he was on Vacation. What should he do ? He has the protection plan,I don't know if that will cover this ,or if he has to buy a new one? I have a 3lnb I'm going to install tonight just so he can watch something. FU#$EN theives !!!

I'm sure it has something to do with global warming...

Or maybe meth-heads use it for something?
Who knows maybe the metal worth $1 or $2... Directv said they will replace it ,and move it to a higher location if possible. But cant make it for 4 days.I guess to busy in his area. I hope no one steals my 3lnb I'm giving him for 4 days.

There was a funny side to this! He came home unpacked ,Turned the tv on,and it said "searching for satellite".So he waited a few minutes ,and was like what the hells wrong . So he gets out his satellitefinder and 3' coax,and walks outside.NO DISH !!. He lives right in town ,so I'm not that surprised.He's all hooked up for now with the 3lnb. He's only missing 2 channels YESHD and SNYHD.

Call Dish!

I'm sure with the new HD channels they're offering they must have an anti-theft device, after all D* doesn't

They probably will not cover the dish under the protection plan, they will instead tell him to call his homeowners insurance.

My father in law had two Dish 500's stolen from his house.

When he got the 3rd, he applied 110 volt current to the Dish. A few days later he found a crispy kid attached to the front of the dish... (Im just kidding... although he did have two dishes stolen)

They are replacing the Dish for $19.95 Shipping charge.And 1 year contract. He has police report as well. They ripped it right off the house, Pulled the wires didn't cut them. His Home owners is going to cover the damage ,and the value of the Dish,and what ever wires that are damaged.

My brother lost his dish in a hailstorm along with about $30,000 additional damage. It was all covered by insurance, but DirecTV said they'd put in a new dish right away at no charge. Interesting, because it would have been covered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.