$5 lottery ticket may cost Indiana big bucks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get this story last week when I read it. You telling me they didn't print "end by" dates in 96? Are they that dumb, and then the idiot spends 9 years of his life fighting for...$5??

Remind me never to visit indiana...

Reminds me when we got a push mower from Sears a year or two ago. We even got the extended warranty. The mower cost us $299. We bought it in the winter because we got a deal on it. About 4 months later we use it for the first time and it works great the first time or two. Then the third time it will not run continuosly. We was told that we had to drive 100 miles round trip to take it to get repaired and then another 100 miles round trip to pick it back up. We got it back and they did not do a dang thing to it, still the same problem. I find out that we could have driven only 25 miles round trip where they pick them up each Monday to take it to get repaired at a more local Sears. We take the mower back and I demand the money back even though it was about 5 or 6 months after we bought it (only got to use it three or four times). They said they couldn't do it. I told them that it says right on the receipt "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" and that it does not state 90 days on the receipt. Told them I would sue for false advertisement. I got the money back and chose to transfer the warranty to another item I bought from Sears a while back instead of getting the refund on it.

They are good at repairing electronics but BAD at repairing mowing equipment when you get their extended warranties. They finally fixed our weedeater right after the third time we took it in to get repaired. Do they not know about the lemon law? I'm glad they got that fixed because it was right before the warranty expired.

ATTENTION!

SEARS NO LONGER offeres satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!'

That left when K mart management arrived!:(

Sears service SUCKS I refuse to buy ANYTHING that may require future service, its just endless overpriced hassles and locally they closed the service stores....

I know, I got mine BEFORE the K-Mart merger/buyout/etc. I noticed on the newer receipts that they no longer done that. Maybe they finally caught their mistake and realized that it was not a smart thing to do.

Sears warranty is VERY VERY expensive. Sometimes the warranty is about half the price of what the item costs. With some things it is a good investment, others it aint. It is NOT a good investment though if they are not going to repair the item.

I don't know how they do it there but I think here in Georgia it says that it expires 6 months after purchase which is good for regular lotto games that have a game date, but the scratch off's don't have a date (this may be a good excuse to buy some tickets to double check)

On the back they don't say it anywhere?? It's 2006, how can that be...especially after this case...Can you scan the back of one, I just can't believe they don't all have dates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts