5 Months For $20

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Well Sirius XM fianlly broke down and sent me an inexpensive offer to get me back. It was 5 Months for $20.00. It turned out I had to pay the royalty fee etc on top of that but it still was not bad.

I signed up and asked for activation. I was told to go to the car and wait up to 15 minutes for the activation. 30 minutes later stil no signal. After 45 minutes I called. This time they they said they need my radio ID (i gave it), My account number (I gave it, My credit card number again (after some hesitation I gave that0 and then told me it would work in 15 minutes. After 30 minutes I called again. this time he wanted my vehicle ID number. Since I was driving that was not easy. I decided it was not worth it. I asked to cancel and was told I could not do that on the activation line.

I drove home and called the number in my original offer. This time i was told I could cancel butt aht the fee I had paid would be a "credit" on my account and that this was a great deal as I might later want to reactivate and I would not have to pay as much then.

After going through a supervisor I got them to refund my money. The last thing they said to em was "Can we help you activate another radio today?"

I do not think I will ever go back to satellite radio. This did it for me.

Unbelievable!

I successfully got that deal 4.5 months ago so I'm going to call and cancel. We'll see if they give me the same deal again.

The five for 20 seems to be the regular offer these days, just updated one XM account with that and for our other car, I get the offer a few times a month via email

Wow - glad I am not the only one who had a bad experience. I had the satellite radio free for 6 months with my new car back in 2013, and I let that lapse. I received a couple of good offers along the way and early this year I was considering re-activating in January after a 2 week free preview time. I had the paper they mailed me and was going to activate, but then they wanted me to pay the $15 activation fee for the radio beyond the $20 promotional offer. And the promotional sheet clearly said that they would waive the activation fee. So I didn't take up the offer. Coupled with a bad experience my cousin had trying to cancel, I don't see myself trying anything with Sirius again any time soon.

I told them that they just made it too hard to subscribe. They did not seem to understand that but I just wil nto do buiness with a firm that makes it so hard to sign up or leave. It should nto be an ordeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)