$50 one minute then $100?

tribalmunky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Santa Ana, California
I called early in the morning and spoke to nice CSR, after giving her all my information and what I wanted (New customer, DishHD Bronze with 1 211 reciever and 1 SD dual tuner), she told me upfront cost is 50 bucks. So I was happy, she was about to finalize it, but then she said her computer is having trouble locking in an installation date. I was willing to wait but she said it would be better I called later or waited for her to call back. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time today since I'm working late. So I say I'll call back later.

A few hours pass by getting near for me to get to work. So I decide to make the call myself. I get another CSR who was ok, but was always saying "Hold on for second sir." every 3 seconds. So then I reaffirm what I was setting up with the previous CSR and then he said it would be $100. After hearing that I said "Why is it twice as much as I was previously quoted for?" I immediately asked for a supervisor, and he went into his 3 second barrage of hold ons again. Finally I was on hold for a few minutes then he returns saying "OK sir, I'm authorized to sell this package for $50", I said OK and the transaction is pretty much complete with an install date for this Friday.

So was the first CSR right or wrong about the 50 bucks or what?

I think that the 2nd CSR was right. I believe that it should have been the $49.99 for the receivers and $49.99 for the dish install. Don't be surprised if the installer asks for the additional $49.99 when they come out.

Voyager6 said:
I think that the 2nd CSR was right. I believe that it should have been the $49.99 for the receivers and $49.99 for the dish install. Don't be surprised if the installer asks for the additional $49.99 when they come out.

You think so? Well I need to call back later with my confirmation number because the 2nd csr didn't go through everything that the 1st one did. I need to make sure everything is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)