50" Samsung DLP TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wantogetstarted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Mars, PA (Near Pittsburgh)
I have a 50" Samsung DLP TV for about 2 years. It started, about a month ago, making this crazy high pitched sound. What the Heck is that?!?!?! It comes and goes a little but is mostly there. Anyone ever here of this? Can it be fixed?

Hope you have an extended warranty. Thats definitely the color wheel. Last time I heard someone needed it done it was about $2000.

It's probably the color wheel but it's nowhere near $2000, you can find the part on Ebay for less than $100.

NightRyder

Yeah for $2000 I'll just buy a new TV.

I guess, I'll be calling a TV repair man. The TV is over 2 years old. so the warranty is over. It works 100% fine but that noice drives me nuts. Plus, all my friends are like "What is that?" all the time.

I called a Samsung service center this afternoon and asked about price. Diagnosis is 120, max of 275 for labor, and if it is the color wheel it is 137.

Also, for some reason the sound is about 3 times louder than ever. Very annoying. This is ruining the PGA Championship for me and will ruin the Steeler game tomorrow. :mad: :mad: :mad:

StevenD said:
Hope you have an extended warranty. Thats definitely the color wheel. Last time I heard someone needed it done it was about $2000.

New color wheel was $135. Dealer told me Samsung has improved the part and the replacement should last longer. $180 for labor to install.

Not too bad.