500 Plus dish/EA questions

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
I have a 1000.2 Eastern arc currently in use for my Dish setup.

I want to take my old 1000.4 dish, but put the 500 Plus Reflector on it to improve my signal levels.

Dish did this for me back in 2009 when they switched us out to eastern arc to improve against rain fade, and it actually worked quite well.
I have to use the 1000.4 setup, because the holes don't lineup with using the Guts of the EA.2

But my main question, Will the EA 2 LNB still work on that setup, or do I have to use the 1000.4 LNBF.
I would like to just use the 2 LNB if possible .

It looks like I can just swap the LNB mounts, to accommodate the EA.2 LNB right on the Arm of the EA.4.

Any thoughts or tips that might help would be fantastic.
I don't want to rerun satellite setups ,and check switch if avoidable.

I think you might have this written incorrectly
1000.2 = western arc
1000.4 = eastern arc

The 500 system will not work correctly as you need the 1000 LNB. Now what I am saying is it is possible to get it to work however the signals will be weak. The bigger dish is required to allow for the higher signal.

Last edited:
Dish receivers scan signals from low to high on satellite locations. Only one LNB's signal will be scanned. What you can do for locals is add 110 and this would give you your local non-HD to be available when you have signal fade concerns. All other signals will be based on your receiver scan. The receiver will not pick two locations to get the same signal. It would ignore the second signal since it is stored already from the original scan

1000.2 = western arc
1000.4 = eastern arc

The 500 system will not work correctly as you need the 1000 LNB. Now what I am saying is it is possible to get it to work however the signals will be weak. The bigger dish is required to allow for the higher signal.

The 1000.2 is commonly used for EA now. There are EA and WA LNB's for either the 1000.2 or 1000.4 so either dish can be used on either arc with the proper LNB.

And he's asking about the Dish 500 PLUS.

Reactions: Troch77
The 1000.2 is commonly used for EA now. There are EA and WA LNB's for either the 1000.2 or 1000.4 so either dish can be used on either arc with the proper LNB.

Actually he is asking about using the 1000+/500+ reflector with 1000.2 EA LNB if I am reading it right. It can be made to work but I would not expect it will give the expected results because of the focal points.

Reactions: RONZ and Troch77
Actually he is asking about using the 1000+/500+ reflector with 1000.2 EA LNB if I am reading it right. It can be made to work but I would not expect it will give the expected results because of the focal points.
Yes the one whom understands.
That is exactly what I'm asking.

Yes the reflector from the 500 and 1000 Plus dishes will fit the 1000.4 hardware, and the LNB worked fine.

But I wasn't sure if the 2 LNB version would have the same results because of the focal points.

I know exactly what he was asking. I have a 1000.4 with a 500+ plate here. :)

I was just clarifying RONZ's post, but thanks.

I know exactly what he was asking. I have a 1000.4 with a 500+ plate here. :)

I was just clarifying RONZ's post, but thanks.
And??? Let's hear your info.
Or does yours have the 1K.4 Lnb on it?
I thinks they used to refer to it as a 1000.5 setup back in the day.

I just know the current 1k.2 is too small for Eastern arc.
Maybe not everywhere, but rain fade is terrible.
Way to premature for KU birds.

Reactions: RONZ

I was aware of the one dish solution with two LNBs I install them all the time. But what I recommend was to clarify which LNB was for what. Then answer his question

I was aware of the one dish solution with two LNBs I install them all the time. But what I recommend was to clarify which LNB was for what. Then answer his question
I currently have EA.2 LNB
I want to remount this to my 1000.5 custom eastern arc Dish.

Now I don't see why Focal points should be an issue with the 1000.4 LNBF, if the "plus" and 1.K4 dishes are identical except the plus is larger reflector.

I'm not sure why the EA.2 LNB wouldn't work either considering, you aren't going smaller, only then I could see focal point being an issue.

Reactions: JSheridan
I currently have EA.2 LNB
I want to remount this to my 1000.5 custom eastern arc Dish.

Now I don't see why Focal points should be an issue with the 1000.4 LNBF, if the "plus" and 1.K4 dishes are identical except the plus is larger reflector.

I'm not sure why the EA.2 LNB wouldn't work either considering, you aren't going smaller, only then I could see focal point being an issue.

I've got a 1000.4EA with a D500+ plate but I don't know if the 1000.2EA LNB will fit it. Sorry.

I've got a 1000.4EA with a D500+ plate but I don't know if the 1000.2EA LNB will fit it. Sorry.
It doesn't fit directly, I would have to exchange adapters as well which is no big deal. My concern , Is the arm holding the LNB the proper length for the 2 LNB setup.

I'm wondering if I should call a local retailer, or maybe even dish and see what they have to say.
The Hoppers are a pain in the a$$ when it comes to re running check switches and moca issues.

Everything has to be unplugged, and the Joeys even need the coax disconnected, or they never work right when the Hoppers are powered back up.

That's why I prefer to just reuse the EA.2

1000.2 = western arc
1000.4 = eastern arc

I was setting the record straight where you were clearly incorrect with the 1000.2=WA and 1000.4=EA and the rest was clear as mud and from what I read didn't really answer the question..

The current 1000.2EA does not have 2 LNB's. It's a single LNB assembly that gets 2 satellite locations, 61.5 and 72. And I install them all the time too.

It doesn't fit directly, I would have to exchange adapters as well which is no big deal. My concern , Is the arm holding the LNB the proper length for the 2 LNB setup.

I'm wondering if I should call a local retailer, or maybe even dish and see what they have to say.
The Hoppers are a pain in the a$$ when it comes to re running check switches and moca issues.

Everything has to be unplugged, and the Joeys even need the coax disconnected, or they never work right when the Hoppers are powered back up.

That's why I prefer to just reuse the EA.2

Give it a try and see what your signals do. Let us know. :)

I'll try it, Since I have 2 dishes, I'll just put the custom one next to the standard one.

It will be a few weeks, unless I can get a retailer tech to come out and do it.

I remember it worked better in 2009 when the did this to my 1000.4.
Not sure why they don't just install the bigger dish on eastern arc. Not like it's much different then the Slimline.

If I tune the hell out of a 1000.2 and have a good batch of LNB's I can get the same or better signals from the 1000.2 than from the 1000.5. I know, I couldn't believe it at first either. :)

There are differences in the batches of LNB's we see. For instance with some batches the best signals I can get on 72 are 55-57 and other batches of LNB's will get me 61-64. I just installed one this morning that got me 59-61 but 2 weeks ago with that batch the best I could do was 55-57. You can try flexing the dish slightly too.

Reactions: RONZ
I was setting the record straight where you were clearly incorrect with the 1000.2=WA and 1000.4=EA and the rest was clear as mud and from what I read didn't really answer the question..

The current 1000.2EA does not have 2 LNB's. It's a single LNB assembly that gets 2 satellite locations, 61.5 and 72. And I install them all the time too.

Most of the ones in my area carry 77 degrees as well. Some markets use 77 for locals So EA = 61.5, 72 and 77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)