501/508 software update????

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Anyone heard anything new about when a update to P368 is coming out. I'm getting pretty tired of the daily reboot BS sometimes it reboots 2 or 3 times a day.

Thanks
Bob
N1WBD

Anyone heard anything new about when a update to P368 is coming out. I'm getting pretty tired of the daily reboot BS sometimes it reboots 2 or 3 times a day. ...
My 508's are working just fine with P368.

I once had a problem with a different receiver after a software update. I called DISH and eventually convinced a tech to resend the update to my receiver. That action eliminated all my problems. I assume that a data error occurred on the original download and, since the connection isn't a two-way link, there is no automated way to confirm that the transmission was error-free. The receiver then limped along with that defective software, resulting in all sorts of weird behavior.

Wrong assumption - there is double protection of spooling SW; in transmission and in receiver ( each reboot, btw ).
Your PVR had other issues, could be in NVRAM or on disk.

P3.69 expanding each day - check that URL above.

I took P369 this morning on my 508. I hope they have fixed the "green screen of death" on a back skip. My wife is just about ready to throw the box out the window.

My 510 hates 3.69 worse than the two previous versions. And they tell me the same software issues will likely have to be worked through on the other models, so not a good time to upgrade.
Does this mean, at this late stage , I will have to get a life?

I'm trying to keep my 510 alve as much of the time as possible ( it often crashes while in standby) so if they get to replace 369 I will receive it.
What is field 'b' on sys info?
I see it change from 0 to 1 sometimes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts