501 lost signal on 119 & 110

501 and 510 same thing

I have had a 501 and a 4700 for several years with no problem. Recently added a 510 and a 301. To accomodate the two additional receivers, a new LNB was installed along with a second switch. This is when the problems began. Both the 501 and 510 lose signal frequently. Through 6-1-1, signal strength is strong for several seconds, drops to nothing for a second or two and then comes back to near full strength. The 301 and 4700 are fine. Since the 501 and 510's are connected to different switches, I think that rules them (the switches) out. This leads me to think either the LNB is bad or there is possibly a S/W problem. After installing the new LNB, both receivers downloaded new code and/or program information. I have not tried swapping the 301 with the 510 or 501, but considering that the 501 worked perfectly before the LNB, switch and two new receivers were added leads me to believe that the problem will simply move with the 510 and/or 501.

Any ideas?

Problem Solved. During my upgrade, the Sub-contractors replaced my existing dual with a quad. The quad was defective (it had obviously been around the block based upon it's condition). Dish network emp came out and replaced the LNBF (dish pro now) and all is well. Odd that the problem seemed to be more noticible in the DVR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)