501 transponder question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sifuhall

Original poster
Dec 20, 2003
Hello.

I have a 501 and 721 connected to the same LNB and dish.

The 721 is on our main tv and it works great.

The 501 is on our bedroom tv and it used to work fine, however for the last few weeks it only receives sat. 110.

On the channels that use 119 I receive an error saying transponder 12 cannot receive a signal.

I went into the menu and looked at the setup and the signal is best on transponder 21, but when I exit out of the menu I get the same error saying transponder 12 cannot get a signal.

Apparently I am not changing transponders for sat 119 in the correct place, or the change isn't saving.

How do I change transponders for sat 119 from 12 to 21?

Thank you for helping me.

I just tried it twice and no luck, but thanks for the help.

Anyone have other ideas or suggestions?

what is the check switch saying when you run it? are you getting both the even and odd transponders on the 110 side?

And as far as making it stay on transponder 21, I don't know if this is what you are asking, but you can't, the receiver is going to switch to whatever transponder it needs to , to pick up the particular channel you are trying to watch. When you are in the signal meter, that is just to see what kind of signal strength you are getting....

But as far as your signal problem goes, give us a little more info, what does the check switch come up with? Is is recognizing the correct LNB? Do you know what kind of LNB you are using? DishPro or legacy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts