508 PVR

07mod

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I have a 508 receiver and pay for the service plan. The reciever likes to reset itself at the most inconvient times. Is it covered by my service agreement and will they replace it with another 508 if I call them?

I have a 508 receiver and pay for the service plan. The reciever likes to reset itself at the most inconvient times. Is it covered by my service agreement and will they replace it with another 508 if I call them?

It'll be replaced with 512

Although there's a price difference between the 508 and 512, in order to offset any change to the monthly rate, one of our departments adjusts the cost difference until a long term solution is available.

Also, The 512 will function as a single tuner receiver when only one satellite feed is connected.

Will I own the new receiver like I do the 508 and will I still be grandfathered for the dvr fee?

Will I own the new receiver like I do the 508 and will I still be grandfathered for the dvr fee?

Although there's a price difference between the 508 and 512, in order to offset any change to the monthly rate, one of our departments adjusts the cost difference until a long term solution is available.
^ That means the DVR fee will be adjusted off until there's a more permanent solution (assuming you do not pay one now)

Purchased receivers are replaced with purchased, leased with leased

Exactly. I think the OP wants to make sure that he won't be charged the difference since the 512 does have a DVR fee, and the 508 does not (there won't be a change since it would be RA'd for a tech issue, upgrades and things do have to pay the difference)

Thats exactly why I turned down an upgrade from 501 to 512,don't want any dvr fees.The csr that called me said my bill would indeed be a few dollars more per month.

So my question is when you say RA'd for a tech issue,first what does that mean,second how does it eliminate the dvr fee?

RA'd = Replaced for some sort of issue (power failure, dead hard drive, etc.). 501/508 receivers are now replaced with a 512, and since the 512 does have a DVR fee, another dept will come in and manually waive any additional costs since you don't have an option of getting a 501/508 anymore

On the phone with dish now. Had to insist on the fee being waived. Just talked to customer retention who said they were just told today that the fee would be waived and the tech support guy would probably get that training tomorrow.;)

RA'd = Replaced for some sort of issue (power failure, dead hard drive, etc.). 501/508 receivers are now replaced with a 512, and since the 512 does have a DVR fee, another dept will come in and manually waive any additional costs since you don't have an option of getting a 501/508 anymore

Thanks for the explanation Matt.

On the phone with dish now. Had to insist on the fee being waived. Just talked to customer retention who said they were just told today that the fee would be waived and the tech support guy would probably get that training tomorrow.;)

Glad that it was taken care of, if you need anything, feel free to PM me

Thanks for the explanation Matt.

Anytime

Yep I hear ya...They have been at least for me one of the best SD dvrs ever.And no dvr fees.:)
I agree. I had two 508s connected to a rear projection Sony XBR. I use a Harmony remote so I could control both DVRs with the same remote... DVR1 and DVR2.

The only complaint i had was with the guide ... at least in those days the Guide for my locals was a generic guide. Here in DC all of the networks make modifications, particularly on the weekends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts