510 is acting mighty wierd!

underlord2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Belleville, MI
since about 2pm, my dish 510 keeps resetting itself, acquiring a signal 5/5, then tries to download the programming guide, and then shows a channel for a brief period, then resets.. what is the problem?

underlord2 said:
since about 2pm, my dish 510 keeps resetting itself, acquiring a signal 5/5, then tries to download the programming guide, and then shows a channel for a brief period, then resets.. what is the problem?

My 508 was been doing something very similar this week - looping through an "acquiring signal" - reboot routine. Then one time after unplugging it for a while, it came up with a "serious hard drive problem" error message but the signal was there. At that point I could do nothing with anything that involved the HDD. After shutting it off, I was unable to bring that message back and it just reverted to the AS loop. Dish finally agreed it was a hard disk failure and is RMAing me a new one.

underlord2 said:
Run a Check Switch and see if there are any lnb problems.

Just feel so depressed, was a mistake buying it about may of last year.. :( Gonna not be able to record RAW and Smackdown or any of the Wrestlin' PPV's i buy. :(

Well, I am cancelling Dish Network as soon as my new Directv Equipment comes over Wednesday.. Was a customer with them between 97-2001 until my house fire.. they could'nt ever contact me, but since I have been a good "Customer", I got a 3 room system with the main Room getting a **FREE** DirecTIVO (normally runs $100, for the longest time, DVR's for DirecTV you had to pay for, for full price.. and I own the TIVO as long as I got service) with a 80gb HD, PLUS free 6 months of Starz, showtime and a 6 month subscription to HBO for 2 bucks a month! :) :) :) .. Wish Dish Network was more like this :)

My 510 is doing this, dish also says it's hdd failure, which it's not. I'm 100% convinced it's their new p301 software.

After the "downloading EPG" brief popup, i get live video for like a second before it resets. One day it even fixed itself and worked fine before messing up again...

Plus I can see everything on the hdd is still there when I hook it up to the pc.

Boo dish, boo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts