510 versus 508

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RaiderZA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
I'm looking to upgrade my old receivers to DVRs. Dish Network has this deal to lease 510s from them for $5 each and pay $4.99 a month as well. I heard that the 508 may be a better deal. What are the basic differences between the two receivers, and are the 508s still available?
Any assistance and advice appreciated.

The only difference between the 508 and 510 is the size of the hard drive. The 510 has a bigger hard drive. They both use the same software. The 508 does not pay the 4.99 monthly DVR Fee, the 510 does.

Thanks for the repsonse- that appears to make the 508 a better deal. Why on earth would Dish charge a fee for the 510 and not the 508. Any ideas?

Pretty pricey for a 508 it seems. How do u like your 508? Also, do you feel that you should have had a bigger hard drive? Run out of space ever? Can you mod it and increase the hard disk, if needed?

mallu2u said:
Pretty pricey for a 508 it seems. How do u like your 508? Also, do you feel that you should have had a bigger hard drive? Run out of space ever? Can you mod it and increase the hard disk, if needed?

to puchase it outright..not really...NO CONTRACT!!

I love the 508...its a real sturdy machine

When my hard drive starts getting up there in capacity, I just copy some of it to tape

You CANNOT modify the hard drive on the Dish PVR's

I wish I could have gotten the 721 for $249 when the sale was going on but none was available to me and I missed out as a result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)