52 Remote Aux input

mopar_mudder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Wisconsin
I added a Fire TV to my main TV with the Hopper. Question is their a way to get the Dish remote to switch inputs on the TV when you push the aux button on the side? The it would switch back to the other input when you push SAT. Seems like it has to do it but yet it doesn't.

could hit tv, then input. that should cycle the tv inputs. Don't think it will pick inputs per mode choice. (will have to turn off limited mode, remote settings)
could also learn a button if you have a quick section on say the original tv remote.

not sure why it has to do it, aux can be for a number of things, mine is for a denon home theater receiver
hope this helps.

I added a Fire TV to my main TV with the Hopper. Question is their a way to get the Dish remote to switch inputs on the TV when you push the aux button on the side? The it would switch back to the other input when you push SAT. Seems like it has to do it but yet it doesn't.
There are a couple of options:

Turn on HDMI-CEC. This is a mechanism that is supposed to help integrate multiple devices. The trouble is that it doesn't always to the expected thing. My new LG OLED TV and Pioneer AV receiver had a war with each other when both devices had CEC enabled! Your milage may vary.

The other option is to look into an "activity based" remote like the Harmony series. These remotes do everything at the press of a single "Watch ..." button. For example "Watch Satellite" would turn on the needed components, make the necessary input selections and delegate the remote to the satellite receiver. You can even have "favorites" that will also tune a device to the desired channel.

I have a couple of Harmony remotes and love them. Problem I am running into is they seem to have done away with RF control on their hubs, and they Hopper has to be controlled with RF as it is in a different room, I can't use IR on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)