522 --> 622 swap: As easy as it looks?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
I’ve searched around the forum for this but have not found an answer…

I just received my 622 via UPS that will replace one of my two 522’s.
Can I just unplug the coax connections (the 2 sat feeds and the agile) from the old 522 and plug in my 622? I’m not concerned/asking about audio/video connections with my HDTV, I know about that stuff.
What I don’t know much about are switches, separators, LNB's etc.
It looks like I should be able to just leave everything in place and switch out the unit itself (the separator with the 622 has the same model # as the one currently on the 522, so I’m assuming I can leave that alone).

An installer is coming on March 4 to install a 61.5 dish (and the 622), so as far as I can tell, my biggest battle would be getting a CSR to activate the 622 and change to HD Bronze programming without canceling the 61.5 install date! I know I wont get all the HD channels until the 61.5 dish is installed, but it would be nice to go component or HDMI and start playing with the 622 in the mean time.

I have a DishPro 500 and two 522’s. (Replacing one 522 with a 622)

Thanks!

You can go to Sys Info or Check Switch to find out what LNB is on that dish, but I'll betcha it's a DPP-Twin (no point in having the expensive DPP44 for your setup).

Anyway, YES, you've got it - the 622 will plug in exactly the same as the 522. You have to run Check Switch, and you need to set the TV2 modulator to be what you expect (ie. same as the 522). Bonus: you can also send the TV1 signal out the same port at the same time.

You're right - your biggest problem is going to be getting it activated with an open work order on the account.

Do NOT let the installer take your 522 away without giving you a signed receipt! It's unusual for them to take it back, but sometimes that IS part of the order (or so I hear).

Thanks SimpleSimon - Looks like I got a fun little project for the weekend then!

Although i am leary of the open work order getting cancelled - maybe I'll try to wait it out - It will be a true test of my will power though, to have that new toy sitting around for a week without playing with it!

Yes as long as your HD TV isnt at the TV2 location ;)

relax, the installer will know exactly what to do, just give him a few mins to determine what he has to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts