522 and 61.5 problem

jlabsher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Lexington Park, MD
Got a 522 last week and now everytime I turn it on it brings up the diagnostics screen and says it can't find 61.5 sat, the 110 & 119 are O.K.

When I go to pint dish, I get a 110 + signal on the 61.5, the 61.5 channels are there and if I run a check switch, it finds the 61.5 just fine.

Has anyone else encountered such an anomoly and is it worth doing anything about?

I've been having some problems with 61.5 on my 522. Dish added a new local channel to transponder 31 a couple days ago and I can't get it on my 522. My 921 shows it fine and with a signal over 100%. When I check the signal on the 522 for transponder 31, it is always 0. I moved my 522 next to my 921 and used the same cables and I still get no signal on the 522. The weird thing I can get a couple other local channels from 61.5 but the signal strength for some of the other transponders is very low compared to my 921.

I have a DPP-44 and am using seperators. I tried it without seperators and had the same problem.

I guess the next step is to call Dish. I'm not sure if the newer software will fix it as I'm still at 235.

- Dave

Duggan
I am assuming you are in the Boston DMA? (only thing added recently was WMUR-9 and it is on TP31, which has alot of the minor NY channels there too)

Speaking of Boston DMA, I do not see anything on 61.5 except the Pentagon Channel, a few others, the voom stuff, etc.

No WCBS-HD (National east cbs), or other locals, like WMUR

Shouldn't I see them with the guide showing them in red?

No, you cannot see any "local" channels in red. You can only see them in the guide if you subscribe to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts