522 and back-to-back recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bravehog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Does anyone know if the 522 will allow you to "que up" more than one program to watch? Here's my dilema...

I have several 1/2 hour kids shows recorded, and my little one wants to watch two of them back-to-back. However, when the first one is over, I have to go to the kid's room and start the second recording (I know, this is a question of my lazyness :) )

If there was a way to que up a couple of these recordings, it would make my life easier. Is this just wishful thinking, or is there a way??

First of all, it is "queue up."

Second, yes, you can set them up back-to-back. It will automatically eliminate any "start early" or "end late" extensions which might interfere. Just set up the recording like you normally would.

First, this isn't what the original post was asking. Read a little closer. The title is a bit misleading. Maybe "522 and back-to-back playbacks" is more appropriate.

Second, I really don't think there is a way to do that (the originally posted question). Some playback smarts sure would be nice to have added--once, of course, the major bugs are fixed. :haha

Oh. I get it now. No way I know of to get them to automatically go to the next recording.

No, unfortunately there are no DVRs available that will queue up playback of pre-recorded shows. I don't know why. It seems to me that creating a "playlist" feature wouldn't be that hard to do, but no DVR manufacturer has come up with this for video recordings. Tivo sort of has playlist features for playing MP3 audios and pictures, but not for recorded shows.

TuxCoder said:
First, this isn't what the original post was asking. Read a little closer. The title is a bit misleading. Maybe "522 and back-to-back playbacks" is more appropriate.

Second, I really don't think there is a way to do that (the originally posted question). Some playback smarts sure would be nice to have added--once, of course, the major bugs are fixed. :haha

Couldn't the original poster just make a manual recording of say a three hour block of time on the cartoon network or whatever channel and it will be one continuous recording?

Well, still, this is about two totally separate shows. They have already been recorded, and quite possibly from different channels, and very likely spread out more than a convenient time block. So the issue is how to schedule or pre-arrange unassisted playbacks from what's already there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)