522 and cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satvad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Initially when I setup my dish with 522 receiver I don't have a cable subscription. So it was setup in such a way that, two cables were run from dish to the receiver. The output from the receiver to TV2 is connected to the existing wall jack (in house wiring). This is connected to the other cable which goes to the TV2 from the central location in the garage. This worked fine as long as I don't get any cable subscription. Now I need the cable and trying to figuring out how back feed can work in my situation.

Cable main feed comes to the garage central location. Now if I connect that with my wall jack in room 1 ie., TV1 room, then I will not have any outlet to TV2. After reading so much about the diplexers in this forum still I am confused whether there is any way I can get cable to my TV1, and using same cable send the TV2 output to the garage central location so that it can be connected to the TV2. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

522 and cable setup

I am thinking of implementing it as detailed in this diagram. I would like to know whether this setup will work or not.

Attachments

• setup.bmp
    644.8 KB · Views: 146
different cable.

When I bought my house it was fulling installed for cable use, but i new I didn't want to use that calbe for the dish setup. It sounds like when the Dish guys set up your receiver it was easier for them to connect the second TV to the existing calbe running through your house because it wasn't being used.
I was aware of this when I had the dish installer out because i new i was going to use the cable already in the house for something else. So they had to run a seperate cable from the receiver to the second tv. That left all the existing cabling in my house free. That might be the best thing for you to do., just run a new seperate cable. That leaves all the other cabling in your house open for use.

522 and cable setup with diplexer

lfitz said:
When I bought my house it was fulling installed for cable use, but i new I didn't want to use that calbe for the dish setup. It sounds like when the Dish guys set up your receiver it was easier for them to connect the second TV to the existing calbe running through your house because it wasn't being used.
I was aware of this when I had the dish installer out because i new i was going to use the cable already in the house for something else. So they had to run a seperate cable from the receiver to the second tv. That left all the existing cabling in my house free. That might be the best thing for you to do., just run a new seperate cable. That leaves all the other cabling in your house open for use.

So the setup I detailed in the diagram will not work? If backfeed works with diplexer, then I thought it should work.

It is my understanding that the frequency of the of the TV2 signal is in the range of the cable frequencies so I do not believe your setup would work. Diplexers are use when sending cable frequencies(lower) with sat frequencies(higher). Any signal after the receiver is lowered.

Receiver output frequency

viqventeur said:
It is my understanding that the frequency of the of the TV2 signal is in the range of the cable frequencies so I do not believe your setup would work. Diplexers are use when sending cable frequencies(lower) with sat frequencies(higher). Any signal after the receiver is lowered.
I thought the output from the receiver to TV2 is in high range!! TV2 was setup to receive signal on channel 60.

Big V is right - the setup won't work, especially with a cable modem.

You could insert the TV2 output into the system at the central box using an appropriate combiner, but most anything else will be a problem.

Couldn't he set the 522 to output UHF and use a combiner to put that and the cable on a single wire?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)