522 and DPP 44 Switch

kdarcangelis2005

Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
One oy my neighbors wants to move his 522 into another room. The problem is, there is no way to aesthetically run two lines to the receiver. He already has a DPP 44 switch and Separator. What I need to do is install the power inserter, diplexor, and separator onto the same line, but i am not sure of the order they need to be in. Oh, and his diplexors are rated for 2A.

Thanks

The power inserter is probably best to have near the switch. If that's not possible, then the order for your equipment is this: SWITCH...POWER INSERTER....DIPLEXER....DIPLEXER...SEPARATOR...RECEIVER.

The 2A rating is fine...but just to be safe, I'd put the power inserter on port 1, and then run his receiver on one of the remaining ports.

Thank you for the suggestion. One problem though, there are no power outlets in his attic, where the diplexor is. I thought you could put it between diplexors

The power inserter must not have anything between it and the switch except for rated barrel connections. Location of the inserter in the line is not a big issue, though what I tend to do is put the receivers on the other 3 ports and run the coax for the powered port to a location so that the inserter can be installed and none of the above issues have to be faced. It may take extra time but this allows for a dedicated line strictly for powering the switch, I try to place the switch and the power inserter in the rafters in the basement, with the inserter in the rafters theres very little chance that a curious child or foolish adult will unplug the transformer from the inserter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)