522 and dvd recorder?

Cope

Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
Is it possible to connect a dvd recorder up to my 522? I have a lot of shows saved on the hd that I'd like to burn on a dvd.

Cope said:
Is it possible to connect a dvd recorder up to my 522? I have a lot of shows saved on the hd that I'd like to burn on a dvd.

Its easy but the output quality of the 522 is so bad with the dropouts and voice misses. I use my 322 output to my DVDR rather than the 522. The 522 is for timeshifting; the 322 for making copies.

JohnP

Um, the 322 is not a DVR. I think the poster wanted to make copies of his saved recordings. Regarding the quality, I haven't had any audio dropouts or synch problems for a while. Just lucky, I guess. :)

Pablo_New said:
Um, the 322 is not a DVR. I think the poster wanted to make copies of his saved recordings. Regarding the quality, I haven't had any audio dropouts or synch problems for a while. Just lucky, I guess. :)

Sorry, I must have been drinking something. I missed that about recording the prerecorded programs. You're lucky (or have a new revision) if you're not having problems. I'm still on L35 with its problems. :(

What about from a 522 to a PC? I just bought a new PC (bare bones) and would rather record to that then get a stand alone DVD recorder. Obviously I would need to get a DVD recorder for my PC, but what else would I need and would it be worth the trouble.

Hi Cope,
I am using a pci card from hauppage (between $60 - $200.- )
Depending on the distance from your 522 and your pc - you can chose the connection of the 522. If you chose a hauppage with a remote control you can time your recordings.
If you play around with the settings in the pci card - the results are ok.
Good Luck!
Matt:)
P.S my posts/comments are Not copyrighted :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)