522 Caller-ID not working

Wannabeswede

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
For the last month or so my Caller-ID is not working. If I go to Caller-ID history everything is there but when a call comes in nothing appears on the screen. I am on software vers. 2.35

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

supereal said:
My called ID has never worked on 2 receivers.

I'm on my 4th and still no CID - tech almost refuses to admit there's a problem...man this pisses me off - I want my CID! Funny thing is that it works on all my single tuners (501, 510, 301, etc...) but refuses to work on my dual tuners (the 322 & 522)...grrr!!! :mad:

we have noticed in our area with one provider Qwest it works no problem, the guy moved to a small town with a local provider and it doesn't work. Bring it back to the shop and it works fine. Don't know the problem but the caller ID does not work at all with this telephone provider. we have ran into about 4 local telephone companies where the CID doesn't work. It may not be the box at all

Mine is working off Vonage about 90% of the time. Sometimes the 522 will take a little bit longer to read it, and won't show it until i've already picked up the phone, but most times it'll catch with no problem.

Dish Dude said:
we have noticed in our area with one provider Qwest it works no problem, the guy moved to a small town with a local provider and it doesn't work. Bring it back to the shop and it works fine. Don't know the problem but the caller ID does not work at all with this telephone provider. we have ran into about 4 local telephone companies where the CID doesn't work. It may not be the box at all

Thought of that...tried several of them at a neighbors house (same everything basically) and it works fine. And as I said, my single tuners with Caller ID work perfectly on every call! Gotta be a combination of things, but what it is, I don't know...and it still pisses me off!!! I install these everyday and maybe 1 outta 20, the CID doesn't work...I don't even tell people it's a feature anymore until I've verified it works. No need in pissing them off too! :mad:

If the Caller ID never works/never has worked then I know in the past that it was due to the system not being grounded.

I've installed many of the 522 that the caller I.D. does not owrk and I will gaurantee that everyone of those are grounded. The grounging of a system has nothing to do with the CID not working.

Caller ID worked on 301, 6000, 811. Doesn't work on 721 or 921. We have DSL service too, with the filters.

when you guys say that 'it works on the other models', do those other models work from that location? Meaning do you have that model in that room on that TV using that phone jack using that phone cord?

Sounds to me like a possible jack issue if 4 receivers did not work on one jack. So, logically, you start looking at what hasn't been replaced at this point and troubleshoot from a different angle.

As others have said it has nothing to do with grounding or jacks or anything else other than the 522 has internal hardware problems or software problems (or both) with the caller ID. The same with all 522s. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it does not. Period.

Stargazer said:
If the Caller ID never works/never has worked then I know in the past that it was due to the system not being grounded.

Come on man. Give me a break.

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
when you guys say that 'it works on the other models', do those other models work from that location? Meaning do you have that model in that room on that TV using that phone jack using that phone cord?

Sounds to me like a possible jack issue if 4 receivers did not work on one jack. So, logically, you start looking at what hasn't been replaced at this point and troubleshoot from a different angle.

My 6000 and 811 worked on the same outlet that the 921 or 721 don't work on. The 301 is on a different outlet in a different room. It won't matter as the same phone line feeds both.

The only differences I can think of is the dual tuners.

There was an issue in the past with the 301's where the caller id wouldn't work if the system was not grounded that is why I brought that up. I thought the problem may have been related.

:smug now there actually could be a problem if the phone line isn't grounded or grounded improperly. I have a 522 at home and I took the ground off the NID outside and my caller id stopped working, put it back on and it worked. Maybe related maybe not who knows those things are damn quarky

Over to a friends house who just got a 522 as a new sub. He was not aware that he had caller id. I enabled it on his receiver and I called him from my cell. It worked once and that was it. Tried calling again and it didn't work. Rebooted the receiver by using the front power button and it seemed to work but not sure how long it will last. Very strange! :no

Early last year I had three 301's and had the caller id enabled. All three worked great until Dish did a software update that changed the appearance of the guides and menus. I can't recall off hand what update that was. After that I would reboot the receivers and the caller id would work for a couple days and then quit. It's in their software. Don't look for a quick fix from Dish. It will not happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts