522 Closed Captioning / Subtitles issue

cybersonic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
I've had a 522 for about 2 weeks now, and I've been doing a lot of recordings etc. (+/- 80hrs total) with no problems so far, except for the following:
- short (1-2 sec)drops of audio/video, pretty much like everyone else seems to be experiencing. I can live with that, it's not really happening very often (I'd say about once every 20 minutes when playing a recorded show).
- closed captioning / subtitles completely disappearing. This one I have a lot more trouble with, since the only way to get them back is to simply unplug the receiver from the outlet, then plug it in again. Does anyone know any other way to get the subtitles back without the need to unplug the unit?

Other than that, all my timers so far have recorded correctly, both DVR timers and Dish Pass timers, even with 2 simultaneous recordings etc. (I have the unit in single mode).

cybersonic, yes these are known 522 problems you complain about. For more about captions see what I said at the end of the page here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=38920

And you don't need to unplug every time for no captions.

Go to the 522, hold down the silver power button on the box until the green light blinks - it will take a few seconds - and then let go.

522 will reboot, find signal, get new guide if needed, and go back to TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)