522 Dual DVR problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CanIBDom

Original poster
May 20, 2006
I apologize if this topic has already been covered; I searched for it but couldn't find a match.

I've had my dual tuner 522 for nearly a month now. The DVR worked fine for the first 2 weeks or so, but since then I've been able to schedule recordings on DVR 1 only. Whenever two shows are scheduled to record at the same time it skips the lower priority event instead of recording it on DVR 2. DVR 2 only records if I actually press "record" after a show has already started. Are there any suggestions for how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

CanIBDom said:
I apologize if this topic has already been covered; I searched for it but couldn't find a match.

I've had my dual tuner 522 for nearly a month now. The DVR worked fine for the first 2 weeks or so, but since then I've been able to schedule recordings on DVR 1 only. Whenever two shows are scheduled to record at the same time it skips the lower priority event instead of recording it on DVR 2. DVR 2 only records if I actually press "record" after a show has already started. Are there any suggestions for how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Are you using the 522 in different rooms or is it hooked up to 1 TV? If you are using it on one TV, walk up to the receiver and press the Mode button.

This will put it in single mode.

Thanks for the fast reply! First of all, I was wrong about my receiver model--it's a 625, not a 522. It's in dual mode running the bedroom tv (TV1) and the living room tv (TV2). I tried switching from dual mode to single, then back to dual (I read on one website that this could fix a problem like mine) but it was unsuccessful.

Menue key, preferences, record plus key, mode should be enabled and location should be set to tv 2, what this does is set the tv 2 location to be the default location to record any timer event, you can switch it to tv1 if the receiver is not in the a room that gets alot of viewing such as a bedroom or basement or den.

It worked! Thanks a million, Van!

Van said:
Menue key, preferences, record plus key, mode should be enabled and location should be set to tv 2, what this does is set the tv 2 location to be the default location to record any timer event, you can switch it to tv1 if the receiver is not in the a room that gets alot of viewing such as a bedroom or basement or den.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)