522 Error Code 06: Can't view event

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmocat

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I have been having an issue with my 522 where some shows look like they recorded but when I try to access them I get a message "A problem was encountered when opening the files for this DVR event. Please note error code: 06"

I unplugged my receiver and reset it to no avail.

This seems to only happen one event at a time. As long as I leave the bad one on the drive it doesn't happen again. If I delete the bad one, within a few days there is another event that has the same problem. Sounds like there is a bad spot in the hard drive to me.

I called customer service and a got a guy who didn't seem to know what was going on. He offered to replace the receiver but I would have to pay $25.

I don't want to pay $25 to replace the receiver right now... I got a HD ready TV a couple of months ago and I was waiting for the MPEG4 receivers to come out before signing up for the HD programming. I asked the rep to note the problem on my account so I can decide what I want to do after Feb 1st.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and what they did to get around it...

Just leave that bad event on there, maybe you'll be lucky and not find any other bad spots on the drive.

Here is the official info that error. Probably won't help but here it is anyway.

Symptom
Errors 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07.

Cause
A file error occurred when a DVR recording was interrupted by signal loss or power failure.

Prevention
You can avoid issues by ensuring that the dish is clean, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.

Troubleshooting
Do not RA the receiver for single occurrences of this issue.

Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on.

Try to replay the event that displayed the message. If the message displays again, delete the event.

If the problem persists please call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for assistance.

This is Dishnetwork's Tech Portal posting for DVR Corrupted:

Recordings Corrupted

1. Power off the receiver with remote and wait 5 seconds.

2. Unplug the power and plug it back in. (This clears the corrupted recording.)
3. If the corrupted recording has not cleared, try to select the event(s) and simply delete them from the DVR Menu.

Note: A corrupted file or recording will have fragments of other programs and/or recordings integrated into one recording. The recording will experience blocks, garbled audio and possibly no audio. At this time there is no way to recover the corrupted recording.
To prevent this problem from reoccurring, you should delete the events starting at the top, and then reset the receiver after deleting each event. You could do this anytime after you have finished watching the event (or transfer it to videotape). This may save from having to delete everything that is stored.
You can continue to use the receiver, but at some time you have to delete everything and reset.

I love the textbook responses they give you for obvious problems....
Power it off/on, check the dish, check the cables...

Yeah. Thanks.

I'll re-install Windows while I'm at it. Since when did DishNetwork become Microsoft?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)