522 existed since January 2002?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
There is an indication that the 522 may have existed since January 2002. I am surprised that nobody had caught this before but I did when I looked through the 522 manual for something tonight at a friend's house. I seen different screens that indicated in the pictures the date of 2002 in them. Just look at page 49 (1/22/02), page 75 (March 3, 2002) (feel sorry for Bob Jones having his phone number given up unless that phone number was setup temporarily - they could have used a Dish Network phone number), page 76 (January 22, 2002) and I noticed how it indicated on the same screen in one of the pictures that someone went to create a timer from the EPG about 2 or 3 weeks later than what it indicates the current time is (which may have been an indication that someone had a larger hard drive in that particular receiver or it was beefed up, probably used by Charlie and Co themselves). They do get to use these products before we do, Charlie even admitted it himself. I wonder what they could be using right now since they have stuff in use that they are using 1-2 years before we ever see it or hear about it.

Those screen caps could have just been taken by the 522 engineers who either (a) were using them on those dates, probably exclusively as they were still probably developing it or (b) simply forged whatever dates they wanted into the system clock or simply into the screen displays.

I would believe them, I work for a company where I am a Test Engineer and we test products well in advance of the products seeing the market. The time stamps are not unreasonable at all.

I agree, my (a) situation above is the most likely. Notice however I was careful to just say "developing" and not "testing" since as we all know they offload the testing burden onto us paying subscribers. ;)

Actually the 522 was introduced in 11/03 :)

I could've got one when I signed up in February but I really didn't care about a DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts