522 gone insane suddenly...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

8ohms

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Florida
Had my 522 for almost 6 months now. Recently on receiver 1 it wanted me to check switch. I did picture came back. Then on receiver 2 it wanted the same. I did picture came back. Now receiver 2 has problems again. And when I check switch, receiver 2 shows no signals. Just XX. All the wire have been checked and are connected. Nothing was moved prior to these problems. I've tried shutting off the receiver by holding the botton on the front and even unplugged it for a min or two and still receiver 2 shows no reception signal. HELP...uny suggestions? I am really starting to dislike DISH. They use to be so reliable. :mad:

Know what! I did unscrew the cables and reconnect them and the message I got back was there's a problem with the connection. I know the connections are just fine but I will try your suggestion and hope for the best. Why this all of a sudden began I have no clue. :rolleyes:

"Connection problem" is almost always a cable problem.

Check the ends, look for kinks, corrosion, moisture, looseness, wire hairs in the end.

It would seems obvious to anyone that the problem I am having has to do with the connection. The connection from the antenna to the receiver has not been touched by anyone and the cable connection from the receiver to the TV either. Everything was working then strangely just started and DISH technician over the phone was not able to help me find the solution.

After every "check switch" I get the message that there's a problem with the connection input. DISH was no help at all. The want me to pay 100 bucks for a technician to come out and fix the problem with their maching. I am seriously :rolleyes: considering dumping DISH. I have had them for a number of years now and lately with the 811 problems :mad: I've been having too, like no sound, channel changing with the remote sitting on the table, and OTA reception that has a hard time locking the signal it's probably time start giving my money to someone else more reliable.

Now! Who can tell me which HD provide had the best package deal currently?

You sure the connection hasn't been touched by anyONE, but how about by anyTHING. As in water?

How old is your installation? Could it still be under warranty by the local retailer that installed it? If not a local, well then, I've got no idea.

SimpleSimon said:
You sure the connection hasn't been touched by anyONE, but how about by anyTHING. As in water?

How old is your installation? Could it still be under warranty by the local retailer that installed it? If not a local, well then, I've got no idea.

Nobody touched the antenna. The installation was on done in June. All the cables are well connected. I have sinced then gotten back the reception on TV2 and all I did was unscrew the DISH 500 LNB and checked the connections. Did a few check switch and press and hold the power button on the 522 for a few minutes and then the check switch display began to show TV2 reception was back to "OK" for 119 and 110 satellite :confused: . I've concluded it's the 522 and not what it's been saying about the connection. Thru the four hurricanes here in the south I always had a signal. And the weather lately has been good so I don't know why it started actin up. Anyway! Thanks for all your assistance. :)

I just went through this. Exact same problems, thought it was the LNB. Switched out LNB's with one I had on hand, problem got better, but still messed up. I was sure that it was the LNB, but I had run out of extra's so I went ahead and called for a service visit. I felt really stupid when it ended up that corrosion had eaten away the connections around the ground block. The service guy said he saw the exact same thing the week before. Same problems, same solution. So the advise to check your connections is a good one. Unscrew the coax from the ground block on both sides or around the switch if it is an external one. You might find the culprit.

Nobody touched..
But... it rained
But... the wind blew
But... a bird landed on the cable at the dish
but... a squirell had the lnb cable for lunch
but... after working for quite a while, a component died.
but... someone was cleaning and did touch the cable. A shielding wire touches the inner conductor, now.
but... a plane flew over at the speed of sound... boom!
but... there was a huge temperature change and the cable moved.
but... your neighbor hates you and stole the lnb

Easier to find what is wrong than the cause, sometimes.

I was glad to say that TV2 reception was back to normal, but now it's back a forth with the picture, and the check switch/connection problem message. :mad: My antenna installation is close at hand to allow me to take it apart (again) and reconnect the cables, but in short I have thought of giving DISH a call to replace my 522 which I suspect is the real culprit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)